Untitled Part 1

Suddenly a police car drove around the corner and all the kids ran off, leaving Sara hiding in the tall weeds of the lawn by herself.

After what seemed an eternity, the police car finally drove away and Sara got up off the ground. She turned around and looked up at the house. She shrugged her shoulders and headed towards the house.

When she reached the first step, a large gust of wind nearly blew her off her feet. She quickly rushed up the stairs and into the house.

Just inside the door there was a long hallway with doors on either side. She went to the first door on her right and found the living room.

Inside the living room Sara could barely see what was left of a couch in the fading gloom. She saw that it was in very poor condition to sit upon. There were rusty springs sticking out all over and it looked like a family or two of rats might have lived in it. She noticed that to the right of the couch there was a wooden chair that looked like it was well preserved. She went over and sat down on the chair.

She decided to rest for a while and then go home. She closed her eyes for what seemed a few moments when, sharply,  the front door slammed shut.

She quickly jerked out of the chair and looked around to see if someone else was in the room. She couldn't see anything because it was so dark. She turned the little flashlight in her watch on and found out that she had been asleep for three hours.

Just then she heard a small giggle coming from the second floor, followed by a scream, then the slamming of a door.

Sara ran to the stairs at the end of the hall and rushed up to the second floor.

When she reached the landing, she looked down the hall toward the front of the house and saw several doors. At the end of the hall she also saw that it branched off to the right and to the left with some more stairs leading up in the middle.

She decided to try looking in the first door. It had a strange design of a hideous monster towering over several people and animals that had glazed looks on their faces. She went to the one on her right and, opening it up, found it black inside. She reached in and turned on the light switch and found it to be an empty little room with absolutely nothing in it except for dust on the floor. She closed the door and went across the hall.

She went over to the one on her left and found a design of a forest with animals and a city with demons walking the streets. She reached up and touched a deer in the forest, then reached down and opened the door. It opened up and, turning the light switch on, she saw a big painting of a deer by a stream along the far wall. She took one step into the room and the deer lifted it's head up. She turned her head around and saw that the door was gone.

She looked back at the deer and it said, "Well, aren't you going to have a drink? That is why you're here, isn't it?" she looked up at Sara with diamond-like eyes.

:You can talk? I didn't know animals could talk." Sara exclaimed in disbelief.

"They can't, and I'm not really a deer. I only take this shape when I come here." She replied, and she started to glow and transform into a beautiful young woman.

"How did you do that? Gee, that was quite a trick." Sara was dumbfounded. "Who are you?"

"I'm called a shapeshifter," she said, walking towards Sara gracefully. "My name is Inanna. What's yours?"

"My name is Sara. Are there any more of you around?"

"Just my family. The evil demons in the city destroyed our village on the edge of the forest." Inanna explained.

Just then a squirrel jumped onto a branch of a nearby tree and said, "Morning, Inanna. Who's your friend?"

"Her name is Sara. How are you doing today, Staci?"