"Ignoring me, are we?" Draco said as she returned to the room, still not looking at him.

Her eyes snapped in his direction, annoyance taking all over her expression. "Isn't it a school night?"

"Yeah, what about that?" the blonde raised an eyebrow.

"Why the fuck are you here then?"

Sara had been snapping more than she needed to at the Malfoy heir, but she couldn't help herself, he was the only thing she could direct her anger at.

"Are you in a mood, Potter?" Draco fake gasped. "Or perhaps you're on your period!"

Sara also sat on the bed, throwing a pillow at the boy. "You were bored there so you decided taunting me was a better source of entertainment?"

He smirked slightly. "More or less."

It wasn't the Malfoy smirk she remembered although he tried to fake it and he did it pretty well, but Sara had went through 6 years in which she had seen that smirk multiple times after he threw harsh remarks at her.

Besides that, Draco looked like a ghost himself, dark spots under his eyes, his lips dry and his hair unusually long. His silver eyes were also devoid of any devilish glint.

Becoming a Death Eater changed him drastically and Sara felt like it was also haunting him every night.

Like how her nightmares didn't seem to go away since the night she had arrived at Grimmauld Place.

"I've heard from mother that you smashed up the mirror today and tried to escape," Draco started, studying her expression carefully. "It's like you forget this place is almost unbreakable."

"As you said, Malfoy, almost. I'm going to find a loophole sooner or later, my ambition won't let me rot here until your aunt is satisfied with the torture which might be never," Sara scowled when she remembered how Bellatrix enjoyed torturing her. The woman really was insane.

"What you are is called stubborn, not ambitious, Potter. You'll have to realize sooner or later that unless someone very skilled gets you out of this nightmare, you'll be stuck here for a while longer."

She nodded, getting off the bed so she could look out of the window.

The moon was pretty high in the sky now and Sara longed to feel its light on her skin, to feel the icy wind and the drops of rain on her face.

Draco came up from behind her, reaching for her bruised right hand, his fingers brushing her skin a little before the ginger took a few steps back, pulling her hand away quickly.

"You're hurt," the blonde whispered, his silver eyes staring at the hand that was clutched to her chest.

"Do not touch a woman if she hasn't given you her consent and I will never give mine to you unless I need healing, but still, I won't," Sara hissed.

"You're just being dramatic now, your boyfriend won't care."

"He's capable of smashing your brains out of you after I'm finished with breaking off your limbs."

He chose to ignore her comments. "Are you trying to kill yourself?"

Sara felt speechless, letting her hand fall back to her side. "Do I look like someone who wants to give up?"

Draco shook his head slowly.

"I'm not giving up on myself and the people I care about just because I'm stuck in this situation. I will get out of here, I will save them, I'll get rid of your Dark Lord and live my life afterwards, I won't die."

Her heart was slowly breaking at her words because she couldn't guarantee that she would stay alive after she got out of there.

But anything to keep them alive just as her parents did, right?

"Sometimes I wish I were like you, Potter, I have no purpose and I'd gladly take my life to make all of the pain go away," he started in a whisper.

For the first time in her life, Draco Malfoy looked defeated.

"Draco..." her tone turned soft. He was someone in need of help and Sara wanted to listen to him and understand.

But she wouldn't trust him, she wouldn't fall for his tricks if it were one.

"You've been living with you muggle relatives, completely unaware of what blood status meant and how important it was. As a Malfoy and also a Black, that has been put into my brain and left there to take over of what I am. I'm no reckless person, I am no blood traitor, I am no Gryffindor. I've bullied so many people along the years because it made me feel superior, because that's what my parents made me to believe I needed to be, that I'm better than anyone else and that anyone that is not a pureblood is scum."

"No shit Sherlock," Sara muttered under her breath, but he still heard her.

Draco furrowed his brows. "Sherlock?"

"He's a character in a famous muggle book, but thats not the point! Point is yes, parents are the ones that shape us into what we are, you chose to follow yours blindly, I chose to rebel against my guardians my whole life and not listen to their insults because to them I am no better than I am to you. I'm still considered no better than the dirt under your fingernails," Sara sighed, noticing his troubled expression. "I know that they're your parents and that you love them and that you loved being spoiled, but as kids we don't realize that real life will catch up to us soon."

"You know that I didn't have any choice in this."

"There's always another choice, Draco, there always is. The order could've taken you in, you would've earned their trust slowly, it all comes down to actually wanting there to be other choices, not sticking up with only what you're actually forced to do."

"I would've been disowned."

"Sirius had been disowned," now she turned her back on him once again, walking to the other part of the room so there was a little space between them. "And he died for what he believed in, not what others made him believe. Regulus Black died defying Voldemort after he admired him for so many years. There's always room for change. You didn't want it enough, Draco, and now it's catching up to you and you regret that, don't you?"

When she turned around, Draco felt as all the air left his lungs. Her stare was deadly, her hazel eyes dark in the dim lit room. Sara Potter was not playing with any lies, she was brutally honest with him and that's what made her interesting, her ability to shock people to the bone with her sincerity, to actually change their way of thinking.

"But Death will catch up to us sooner or later no matter what side we are on, won't it, Sara?" he spoke slowly, unsure of himself.

There was a knock at the door and the two trained their eyes on the dark wood. It opened to reveal Narcissa Malfoy, her face expressionless.

"It's gotten late, Draco, you should return to Hogwarts," she spoke, measuring Sara with her eyes.

"Of course, mother," the blonde didn't even argue as he walked out of the room, throwing a last look at Sara as the door closed and magically sealed itself.

She was alone again, trapped in between the four walls of the room—

—trapped in her restless mind.

The full moon announced yet another sleepless night.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───