Chapter 5: Beach House

Connors POV:
We met my family at the airport hugging each other for greeting and then heading through security and then shortly boarding our flight. As we go on the plane there were rows of 8 with an isle in the middle of the 8 seats so we sat Troye, me, Brandon, Nicola, Dustin, Mom, and lastly Dad who had a blank seat next to him.
The plane took off and I was nervous to tell everyone my secret. Troye had his hands in his lap with his head resting on my shoulder. I gently moved my hand to his lap grabbing his had in mine and intertwining our fingers together. At this Troye put his head up and looked at me but didn't release my hand.
"Are you alright Connor?"
"Ya I'm just really nervous. I think I wanna say it as soon as we get there to get it done and over with. But I wanna get our parents together and tell them first and then let our parents tell our siblings about my sexuality because I don't know if I'll be able to tell that many people in one day."
"That's fine Connor. We can tell them when we get there try and get a bit of rest though cause you look like you haven't slept a wink!"
"That's because I was worrying all night so I didn't sleep."
"Why didn't you wake me Con? I would have tried to help."
"I know but I would have felt bad waking you up just because I couldn't sleep.."
With that he sighed and rested his head on my shoulder once again and I rested my head on top of his closing my eyes falling asleep within 20 minutes.
-------landing-------
I was woken hours later by my brother saying it was time to go. I noticed Troye was still sleeping so I gently woke him and we made our way out of the plane with our carry on. we made our way to get our luggage and only then did I realize I was still holding hands with the beautiful boy I was secretly in love with. I grabbed my luggage when I saw it using it as an excuse to let go of Troyes hand while he also got his. When I turned around I found my dad looking at me with a strange look of wonder which left as soon as I saw it. We made our way to the entrance of the airport where I spotted Troyes dad Shaun who was meant to pick us up. Troye dropped his things and jumped in to his dad's arms happy to be reunited. We all piled into the car but seeing as it was a mini van that only held 7 of us out of the 8 Troye volunteered to sit on my lap which I didn't argue with one bit.
-------at the beach house-------
When we reached the beach house we all climbed out of the car only to be tackled by the other four Mellet family members. They then helped us bring our luggage inside to the living room where we decided who would room with who.
"Alright so the parents each get their own room which leaves four more rooms out of the six. Obviously Sage and Nicola will share since they are the only girls so they get room 2, room 1 is mine and Laurelles, room 3 is Tyde and Brandon since you are the fourth kid in each family, Troye and Connor you two would throw a fit if you weren't together so you boys have room 4, room 5 is Dustin and Steele since you're the oldest boys, and room 6 is for the Franta parents, any arguments?" Shaun states earning nopes from everyone.
"Alright then go get settled in and meet out here in two hours for dinner!"
Troye and I wait while while the other kids go to their rooms.
"Can Troye and I talk to you guys out side so the others don't hear?" I ask the parents.
"Sure sweetie lets go." My mom tells me as we all follow out to the back patio where we stand in a circle.
"What do you boys need to tell us?" My dad asks
"Well Troye doesn't need to tell you anything but he's the only one who knows since I told him yesterday..." Tears were once again brimming my eyes"Do you remember when I was diagnosed with depression when I was younger?"
"Yes of course we do honey it was a rough time for us all especially when we didn't know what was wrong." My mom says
"W-well what i-if I could tell you why I was depressed for so m-many years?"
"Wait you know the reason why?" My dad asked
"I spent the whole last year coming to terms with it and being ok with being me. I spent every morning and every night looking in the mirror trying to say the truth out loud but my throat would lock and I couldn't. A couple days ago I said it out loud in the mirror for the first time and a weight was lifted off my chest that had been there so long. I finally looked in the mirror and let it out that... That I ... I'm.. I'm gay..." By now I was balling my eyes out into my mothers shoulder.
"Buddy it's ok your mom and I still love you no matter who you like. You're still our baby boy." My dad said as he joined the group soon joins by the Mellets.
"Can you tell our siblings I don't think I can?" I asked
"Of course sweetheart." Troyes mom smiled at me
"Thank you "
I said as I looked at Troye and instantly hugged his tall figure.
"Do you wanna go take a nap?" Troye asked
Not trusting my voice I nodded and was led inside to our room with a single bed where he pulled back the covers as I stripped to my boxers as he then did the same and we slipped into the bed him being big spoon like I wanted and drifted of into a peaceful sleep.