Sixth Year: Chapter Twenty Six

Começar do início

They were glad to see you were no longer in black— not completely. You were wearing all your Hufflepuff stuff, adding the splash of yellow. Considering at dinner on the first night Remus told them that you had been wearing only Sirius' clothes before progressing to black, the addition of yellow was very much welcomed. You came downstairs after everyone else and dropped Padfoot next to Harry. He absentmindedly petted your cat as you went to get water. Mrs. Weasley wouldn't let you leave the kitchen until you ate a scone. You sat on the couch and flopped your head onto Harry's shoulder. He poked at your shirt.

"This looks nice."

"Thank you. I thought I should try to be happy for Fred and George."

You all were going to Diagon Alley to get school supplies and check out Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes now that it was up and running. You reluctantly left Padfoot behind, holding onto Harry's hand instead. Diagon Alley resembled you. Almost all life had been sucked out of it. Voldemort being back and Sirius marked as his first official kill made the entire wizarding world scared. You almost enjoyed it in a bit of a sadistic way. If they had listened in the first place, your father would have been alive. So they all deserve to suffer a bit— it wouldn't compare to how you were. You left the Weasleys when you spotted Draco getting his robes refitted. Narcissa immediately roped you into a hug as you entered the store. She turned solemnly to Draco.

"Look after each other, you're the only family you've got left."

Draco nodded before looking at you. You didn't smile or do anything really so they let you out of the store. You didn't go back to the Weasleys right away. You marched to Gringotts and did the thing you had been avoiding all summer— closing Sirius' bank account and putting all the money back in yours. It was the final step in letting your dad go. You told yourself that once you closed his account, you would work on feeling happy again. But wallowing felt nice. You thanked the goblins and made your way to Fred and George's shop. Everyone was already outside.

"He's replaced his father, why else was he in that shop?" You heard Harry ask.

"I don't know but would You-Know-Who even let Malfoy join?" Hermione asked.

A fight wasn't what you wanted. You ignored what they said and walked up as if you didn't hear. They got quiet as if they hadn't just been gossiping about your cousin. You wanted to find a time to bring it up that wouldn't cause an argument. By the time you sat down on the Hogwarts Express, you still hadn't found the proper time. You finished putting up your trunk and went to find Harry who was getting something from the trolley right outside. He was surrounded by a bunch of girls. Somehow, Harry became the very interesting Chosen One to everyone. It's like they forgot he had a girlfriend. Or didn't care. That became apparent when you heard Romilda Vane introduce herself.

"You could come to our compartment, it's got to be more interesting than (Y/N)'s wallowing."

You exited the compartment and none of them seemed apologetic. Harry's arm snaked around your waist. You grabbed at his sweater and snogged him. The girls scoffed and walked away. You glared at the spot where they had just been. Harry squeezed at your sides, making you look at him.

"Romilda Vane isn't taking me away from you... but that was kind of hot."

"We can snog more in the compartment, Ron and Hermione are already harassing the first years and letting everyone know they're the prefects. It'll be empty for a bit."

Harry went to move his hands from your waist but you stopped him.

"You aren't taking advantage of me. I broke up once with Cedric to try and recover and it didn't work, I don't want to break up with you."