"Stark? As in Tony's dad? Wow." When Talia laughed it was joyous and light and Steve couldn't help the grin that spread over his face. He watched as her eyes crinkled and her cheeks dimpled and he felt a flood of warmth. He should have told her all about Peggy sooner. "Sounds like I would have loved her."

Talia nuzzled closer to Steve on the small couch they occupied beside the fire someone had set not long ago and stared up at him.

"Thank you for telling me about her. I know it's not been easy and that you miss her and I can see why. She sounds incredible."

"She was. Just as you are." Steve smiled down at her, kissing her softly before pulling away and gazing down at her. He drank in the way her eyes shone, even in the sadness of the day, and the way she was patient and understanding, the way she listened and responded. She was kind, and loving, and he adored her.

"What?" She furrowed her brow and pulled back. "Is there something on my face?"

"Nope." Steve grinned. "I was just thinking about how much I love you."

He picked his drink up from the table with casual ease and took a sip while Talia blushed and shook her head. Even now, he could still make her nervous in a way that was so unfamiliar to her.

"I love you too." She pressed a gentle kiss to his cheek and felt it as his lips pulled into a soft smile.

On the table a phone buzzed.

"Come on Runaway." Steve took her hand in his as he got to his feet. "Let's go home."

*
Two Weeks Later

"Stop staring Talia." Steve shouted over the whip of the wind as he grinned down at her.

The sun was golden against her skin and her smile was wide. He watched the wind wrap around her, pushing her hair back and pulling her shirt tight as the boat cut through the water with precision. She laughed and the music of her carried in the air.

"I can't." She shouted up to him as she pushed onto her knees, twisting to face him fully as he stood at the helm. "It's impossible not to stare when you look this good Steve!"

The golden glow of the morning light had left a halo of light around him, illuminating the strands of sun that ran through his hair and brightening his smile. His glasses covered the glittering blue of his eyes but she knew underneath them he would be shining. He grinned at her as he moved quickly, whipping the boat to the side and cutting through the waves with a splash. Talia squealed with laughter as the spray soaked her, sticking her hair to her face and her shirt to her chest.

"You little shit!" She laughed as she shook off the spray and narrowed her eyes, offering her best glare.

"Language," he chided with the most beautiful, freeing smile.

*

The water washed over her feet with gentle caresses as sand ran through her toes. The chill of the crystal blue sea was a welcome reprieve from the beating rays that warmed her shoulders and kissed her skin as she waded through the water, watched from the shore.

On a small chair Steve sat with his sketch pad and charcoal and his eyes trained on her. She walked slowly, gazing out to sea as her arms wrapped around herself and her hair blew away from her. His fingers moved with precision and skill as he drew her, savouring every detail, every scar and freckle and beautiful curve of her. He sketched the lines of the small emerald bikini that clung to the speckled golden tan of her skin and he sketched the curl of her hair billowing out behind her.