95. the wedding

Zacznij od początku

"Wait, Amora," Hermione called, causing her to pause in her spot. "Your mother..." She said, "The Daily Prophet said she resigned from her position as Muggle Studies teacher -"

"She's gone," Amora's voice cracked a little but she tried to keep a firm tone. "They took her. She didn't just resign. I'm not on Draco's side, okay? I'm on your fucking side, Harry. I'm sorry for - I'm sorry for ever falling for him. I shouldn't have."

The words felt wrong slipping past her lips, especially when she watched Harry's face melt in what seemed to be appreciation. She told Harry when he found out about them that she would never apologise for falling in love with Draco, but here she was, doing just that.

Because loving him had lost her everything. Even him.

D.M + A.B

  Once Bill and Fleur were officially married, the party was quick to start. Amora remained in her seat around one of the tables, her face resting on her palm as she watched everybody dance around and talk happily. Amora could see Remus and Tonks talking in the corner by the drinks, and Remus looked visibly upset - maybe even angry. She cast her eyes away, wondering if maybe he was getting frustrated of having to 'look after her.'

In a few hours, though, she would be seventeen. They wouldn't have to look after her anymore. Part of her wanted to run away, but she didn't know where she would go or who she would be able to stay with. She was just fed up with the life she had been living for the past month, fed up with the hollow feeling in her chest that felt like it was never going to leave unless she did something.

Amora's eyes landed on a figure with white-blonde hair, dressed in a yellow dress that certainly stood out in the crowd of people. Luna was dancing by herself without a care in the world, a peculiar dance that sort of consisted of twirling about and flapping her arms.

She climbed from her seat and moved over. Luna paused, her eyes lighting up at the sight of Amora. She stopped dancing.

"Oh, hello, Amora," Luna greeted her. "I didn't think you would be here tonight."

"Fleur invited me because of Cedric," Amora murmured, "How are you?"

"I've been better," Luna admitted with a wavering smile. "Though I suppose everybody has, considering we are in the middle of a war."

Amora hesitated. "Do you... Do you still talk to Blaise?"

"I had to let him go," Luna sighed, "Which is a shame, as he seemed very lovely. I feel he thought he was doing the right thing, but I am afraid that we are too different for the current times."

Amora's brows furrowed as she nodded. "Yeah, yeah. That's probably for the best."

She briefly wondered how they were all doing. Amora rarely allowed herself the chance to think of Blaise, Pansy, or Theo. What they did didn't hurt as much as what Draco had done, but it certainly was a close second. They made her feel like the world's biggest idiot for ever trusting them; they probably whispered and schemed behind her back, and she was just so stupid that she didn't even notice.

Amora moved over to the drinks table and poured herself something fruity. She took small sips, her brain heavy with scenarios of her friends. Would they all take the dark mark now? Amora shook her head. They didn't want to do what they did, she knew that. They didn't want to be Death Eaters, but maybe they would have to be. The thought made her worry about them all.

Then, as if a lightbulb had flickered on in her head, Amora made the connection that Draco was a Death Eater, and her mother had been taken by Death Eaters.