91. dumbledore's help

TRAINING WHEELS
dumbledore's help

13th May 1997

Dear Amora,

When you asked me if you had any cameras lying about with your stuff, I didn't think you meant Muggle cameras! How exciting! Seeing as you are stuck at school for a while now, I took the liberty of getting them printed. It was a bizarre experience - as you know Muggle technology always makes me happy - but I have never seen anything quite like this. I will have to research more into 'disposable cameras.'

Thank you for introducing me to this new Muggle device and also giving me a reason to leave this safe house! Don't worry about safety precautions - I had a disguise and Tonks came with me! You would like her, Amora. She's a Hufflepuff too.

The pictures came in envelopes that I attached. Don't worry - I didn't peek!! I hope you're having an amazing time at school, sweetheart. I can't wait to see you when summer comes.

From,
Mum x

Amora placed the letter on her bedside table and grabbed the two envelopes that her mother had the family owl take over. They were quite thick, clearly containing the photographs, and she bounded from her bed immediately to shrug on an old plaid shirt of hers that was far too big. She was due at the hospital wing to meet Draco soon anyways, but she was sure he would like this surprise as well.

"Hi Madam Pomfrey!" She beamed at the woman that she was becoming very familiar with, practically skidding past until she got to the bed with the curtain drawn.

Amora shut it behind her and turned, her eyes widening and her body pausing when she realised that Draco was shirtless on his bed. He sat up, a book in his hands, but he placed it down on the blankets covering his legs when she entered. The corner of his lips tugged upwards upon noticing her expression.

"I know it's been a while because I've been hurt, Amora, but Madam Pomfrey still says no extraneous activity until -"

"Oh, shut it, you smug bastard," Amora chided, moving to sit at the end of his bed and crossing her legs.

Her eyes casually drifted over him again. There was scarring over his body. Pink marks against his porcelain skin, some that looked harsher than others. Madam Pomfrey said some might still fade yet. Amora still thought he looked beautiful with his scars. He hid the one on his forearm though - the one that was black and bolder.

"Have you brought me more missing classwork?" Draco sighed, looking at the envelopes in her hands that she was trying to pull apart - they'd been taped firmly shut.

He had no intention of doing any homework or classwork that Amora gave him. Sometimes he'd fill it out due to pure boredom or because Madam Pomfrey would threaten him if he didn't, but he really saw no point. He wanted to be up and out of the bed, in the Room of Requirement and finishing his task to assure his parents' safety. He was fairly certain it was pretty much complete.

"No, not homework," Amora said, finally getting one open. "My mother sent printed copies of all of those pictures that we took in London. Remember I said I'd ask her?"

"Oh, yeah." Draco sat up. "Let's see, then."

"This is from my camera," Amora said excitedly, putting the photographs between them once she had looked at them so Draco could see them. "Oh, look - it's the London Eye."

Draco smiled a little. He was in some of them, whether it was an accident or because she had made him the centre of the picture. He thought he looked pretty odd standing in the middle of Muggle London, but at the same time so comfortable next to Amora. It felt weird that the pictures weren't moving, though. He preferred the wizarding version.