"It is," she smiles, now entering the kitchen.

"Hi, sweetheart," Ginny opens her arms for a hug, which Ashley accepts gladly.

"Uhm, hello? Earth to Mom?" Gracie waves. "It's your actual biological daughter here."

"Oh, shush," Ginny waves her off, pulling away from Ashley as she makes her way over, now crushing her in a hug, and kissing her cheek repeatedly.

Ashley giggles as she watches, admiring the relationship between the two of them, before setting Jet down on the floor.

"So, would you like to stay for dinner tonight, honey?" Ginny asks, turning to Ashley.

"If you'll have me," she nods, politely.

"Of course. We'll always have you," Mrs Knight smiles, sincerely.

"Actually, Mom," Gracie catches her attention. "Can Ley stay over tonight, too? She's still got plenty of clothes here, and she can just stay in my room again. I know it's a school night, but I think she really—"

"Will you slow down?" Ginny laughs, gently. "It's always a yes," she answers, before looking to Ashley again.

"Thank you," she mumbles, graciously, sliding onto the stool at the kitchen island, diagonal to Gracie.

Mrs Knight offers her an understanding smile; she knows Ashley has been struggling with being at home recently, and she's far too nurturing to ever turn away someone who's having a hard time.

Ashley thinks that Ginny Knight is probably the kindest woman she's ever met, and she doesn't know if she'll ever be able to repay her for all that she's done for her; after more than ten years, Ashley is basically family to the Knight's at this point.

The sound of the front door being unlocked catches everyone's attention again, swiftly followed by Daisy's barking.

"Daisy, will you be quiet?" Ginny lets out a frustrated sigh.

"Mom?" A voice calls from the hall, which piques Ashley's attention.

"Oh, Awsten!" Ginny grins. "We're in the kitchen, honey."

Ashley's eyes are glued to Awsten from the moment he steps foot in the kitchen, and she can't seem to help the way her heart rate spikes.

"Hi, Mom," Awsten smiles, kissing his mother on the cheek. "Dickface," he nods towards Gracie, wandering past her to reach the fridge.

"Asshat," she grumbles in response.

"Oh, hey, Shelly," he grins, once he's grabbed a bottle of orange juice from the fridge.

"Hi, Awsten," Ashley rolls her eyes at the nickname.

"You're still running with the Shelly thing?" Gracie comments, looking to her brother. "That was years ago, man."

"I don't intend on dropping it anytime soon," he shrugs, still wearing a cheeky smile, and Ashley ducks her head, hoping to hide the way her cheeks turn pink.

Awsten's eyes light up as Jet hops onto the kitchen islands. "There's my baby," he hums in a baby voice, but his content expression soon drops, when the cat wonders past him.