She leaned her head in the crook of his neck, smiling at his comment. "I thought I was going to hate being here, and to be honest I don't. I don't hate this at all."

"I'm glad." He breathed out. "You deserve so much happiness Haneul."

"You deserve so much love Sicheng." She replied before opening her eyes again, being met with Ryu's glaring eyes, almost jumping at the sight. "Oh yeah, is your plan working." She looked up at him, remembering what she came here for.

He nodded, biting back a grin. "There's one last thing I need to do."

"Hmm and what is that?" She asked as Winwin stopped, examining the room. She looked around, wondering what he was looking it. All she could see was people dancing, most of which had their eyes on the couple right in the center of it all, that of course being Haneul and Winwin. He smiled at her, nodding as of to signal the final part of his plan. He took a step back, clearing his throat as if to divert attention to himself.

Haneul looked around at the crowd around them, her eyes matching the same they all had as they fill with curiosity. Winwin gave her a look that told her to only focus on him. That their eyes didn't matter, and just like they were dancing, or when they were standing under the streetlight the night they fought, they were the only people in the world. Her attention was on him, and on him only.

Haneul couldn't tell what was happening, or what exactly Winwin thought he was doing. But she watched, she watched carefully. His every move from then on.

But she knew. Everyone knew. The moment his knee reached the chilly marble floor with a soft thud, the world knew what he was going to do. And what the sweet words that would fall out of his mouth were going to be.

"Park Haneul." His steady voice echoed through the hall that had grown silent just for them. "Because of you I feel as if I finally have a purpose in life, and that is to love you, to be there for you, and to cherish you forever. And I guess that's the point of soulmates. So that being said-" He paused, his hand reaching into his blazer pocket, pulling out a dark red box, gasps erupting through the room. He opened it up, glinting inside was a silver jewel, introducing itself with a shimmer against the light."Would you like to spend the rest of our lives together?"

Haneul's breath hitched, heart stopping as she covered her mouth with her palm.

Her soulmate was a genius.

Winwin gave her a small nod, which she had mirrored on a bigger scale.

"Yes!" She let out, her eyes never leaving his as he got up, sliding the small jewel on her ring finger before lifting her chin up and passionately placing his lips on hers. The two melting into a real kiss. It was so different this time, as now, it was filled with feeling.

"Whoooo! CONGRATS!!!" Seongbin's loud cheers erupted through the crowd as the others began joining in, cheering on the couple who unlatched their lips, looking into each others eyes with bright smiles.

An engagement ring. Something that officially marked an engagement. It entwined the souls, emotions and love two people can have for each other, one thing that Ryu didn't have.

The two got a look of the fury that painted his face, a contrast to the look of glee Seori had. And without another word, Haneul and Winwin took off, leaving that all behind again. And hopefully, to never return.

a short chapter cause i want to sleep

soya's advice for the day:
if you have to change yourself into being someone you're not, that is a red flag please walk away.

anyways! i hope everyone has a great day :D