chapter one

Y/n was walking with Lily towards Y/n's house.

Lily is her best friend. They have known each other at the age of thirteen.

Just three years ago Y/n was walking down the street and saw Lily by her house and started talking to her.

Ever since they became good friends. Y/n only hangs with Lily sometimes due to Lily never being home.

Today is August 31 and tomorrow will be September which means Lily leaves tomorrow.

"Best day ever!" Lily yelled smiling. Y/n laughs while looking at the red head girl.

"Yeah, it was pretty awesome, huh?" Y/n says.

"Awesome? Hanging with you all day" She says smiling even more.

Y/n looks at the ground and starts playing with her rings on her gentle soft fingers.

"Yeah, it was perfect," Y/n said with a small smile on her face.

"Yeah, it was," Lily says.

"It's sad you're leaving tomorrow" Y/n says with a frown on her face.

The redhaired girl looks at Y/n with a sad expression.

"I know I wish I could stay really Y/n but I do have to go"

"I know Lils" The h/c girl says with a small smile on her face.

"We could always hang after you come back!" Y/n says trying to lift the mood up.

"Yes, I would love to n/n," Lily says smiling more. They walked for a little more while talking. After a little while, Y/n decides to go home.

"Come on, I'm starving," Y/n says with her h/c h/l flowing in the wind.

"Race you to the house!" Lily yells running towards the house. Y/n stays still for a moment sighing. 'I'm going to miss her,' She thought to herself.

She starts running towards the house.

Lily fixes her hat while looking at the girl saying "I clearly won" she chuckled.

"Yeah, yeah," Y/n says walking up the steps. Lily opens the door for her.

Y/n walks into the house with Lily following behind.

"Ahh, how's my granddaughter doing? " Nick says looking at Y/n and went in for a hug. Nick was Y/n's grandfather and always had the best stories to tell.

Nick pulls out of the hug after placing a small kiss on Y/n's head.

"Oh, and Lily how are you doing dear?" Nick walks up to Lily and shakes her hand smiling.

"I am doing well sir," Lily says smiling while shaking his hand.

"Oh please call me Nick," He says. "You know that by now" He continued saying chuckling a little.

"Okay, well Nick do you have another story for us?" Lily says.

Now Lily enjoys listening to Nick's stories. He has so many stories of wizards and witches. First Lily was scared that a muggle knew about the wizarding worlds but she knew that Y/n grandfather didn't know and the stories were make-believe.

Lily is fascinated by how Nick believes in the wizarding world.

"Please tell me it's a new one," Y/n says looking up at her grandfather. "It is a new one," Nick responds with a huge grin on his face.

"Come on dears this way," Y/n grandfather says walking in the living room by the fireplace.

He sits down and points to the other sofa so the girls can rest.