Chapter 16

"Ah, Annabelle! There you are!" Thor said as he walked toward her. She decided to grab a book from the library to keep her company, in hopes that it would distract her from today's events.

"What is it?" she asked as they walked down the long corridor.

"Well, I was hoping you would accompany me to a meeting."

"What sort of meeting?" she asked.

"I can't say," he said. "But, it's very important..."

"Ok..." she replied hesitantly, "lead the way."

Thor led her to a secret area that even Annabelle didn't know of. It surprised her because she and Loki had spent hours each day exploring when they were children. She thought that they had found everything but apparently not.

"There you are!" Fandral said. He was sitting at a table with Sif and the rest of the Warriors Three. He then looked at Annabelle. "How are you dear?" he asked as he walked over to hug her.

"Not great," she said, welcoming his embrace.

"It'll get better... in time," he said, "Come, have a seat." He then led her to the table and she sat down beside him.

"Now, my friends," Thor said to the room, "I've invited you here because of the recent events. Malekith must be stopped and I need you all to help me do so. Will you join me?"

"Of course we will," Volstagg spoke for the group.

"What do you need us to do?" Sif asked.

                                                                                           ~~~

They had been discussing for hours what they would do the following day. Thor explained how he was going to use Jane to lure Malekith to Svartelheim where he could then defeat him.

"You're missing one thing," Volstagg began. "With the Bifrost closed, how are you going to get there?"

"There are other ways to leave Asgard... though, they are only known to few," Thor said and looked at Annabelle.

"What?" she asked.

"Annabelle, I know you and Loki used to sneak off using those portals," Thor said in a bit of an accusatory tone.

"How?" she responded. "We never told anyone."

"It doesn't matter how I know. What does matter, is that you know a way to Svartelheim."

"Ok... yes, I do but you're not going to like it."

"Oh really?" Thor asked. "Why is that?"

"Well..." she said, "it just so happens that the portal is in the side of a mountain... and the passageway is so compact that only a small boat will fit."

"I see..." he said with a worried look.

"And... I'm afraid I can't go," Annabelle said, leaning back in her chair.

"Why not?" Thor asked.

"Well, as we all know, Svartelheim and the elves are both very dangerous and I don't have the proper training to defend myself," she said matter-of-factly. "And, Loki wouldn't allow it. He doesn't want me anywhere near danger. He was worried enough after I told him what happened when Malekith paid us a visit."

The group grew quiet after that last statement. But it made them want to succeed even more.

"Ok, then we'll have to get Loki," Thor said.

The room was instantly filled with Sif and the Warriors Three's objections. All of them going on about how Loki had betrayed them before and how he would do it again. They couldn't trust him and they already have too much to worry about.

Eventually, they settled down and decided on how they would handle it. In the morning, Thor would go to the dungeons and retrieve Loki. Annabelle would meet them outside the dungeons and go with them to find Sif and Jane. Then Loki, Thor, and Jane would get on Malekith's ship, leave the palace, find Fandral, and take the portal to Svartelheim.