ᴍᴇʟᴀɴᴄʜᴏʟɪᴄ ᴍᴇᴍᴏʀɪᴇꜱ

Mulai dari awal

       The mere voice was enough to send more chills down her spine. "What?"

       "Consider this...a test of your loyalty," Skrael spoke, touching one of the chains and allowing small shards of ice to form until a few of the icicles scratched against her skin. Her heart skipped a beat when she heard the chains holding her arms out detach from the walls. When she glanced to the side, she saw blades tipped at the ends of the chains wrapped around her wrists. "We have a task for you."

       The words managed to peak her interest as she straightened up, rolling her shoulders backwards and hearing a few satisfying cracks and pops coming from her joints. She tried to hide a small smirk threatening to form on her lips, but she couldn't deny her growing excitement. She wanted to cause chaos and wreak havoc. This was the moment she was waiting for.

       She saw Nari's fingers emitting green sparks of magic as a blade hovered between her hands. The forest spirit hummed as her magic continued, the metal slowly changing from silver to gold. Eris' head tilted to the side in intrigue, the weapon almost hypnotising her.

       "I'm listening."

       The flames dancing in the torches above grew after she spoke, and she only assumed Bellroc was pleased with her answer. She saw Nari hand the blade over to Skrael for them to examine, their grin widening slightly. There was a distinct scent coming from the weapon, as if it was coated with burning flesh. The thought almost caused the prisoner to grimace, but she fought against it.

       Bellroc raised their left arm, the beaded bracelet around their wrist falling to the gauze wrapped around their forearm. Even though their face was hidden behind their skull helmet, the prisoner could tell that the demigod was smirking. The Keeper of the Flame was joined by Skrael and Nari at their side, the other two demigods replicating the raised arm. They began to chant together as streaks of red, white, and green began to circle around Eris. With one bright flash, her black tunic and slacks were replaced with black armor glowing with golden runes traced throughout. A hood was settled on her head, along with a metal mask pressed against her nose and mouth. She kneeled before the Arcane Order as they all drew their arms back.

       "Find Morgana's apprentice. She disappeared after escaping the cell Merlin imprisoned her in," Skrael said, passing the blade from earlier to Bellroc. The task sounded easy enough so far—all she had to do was find the apprentice. Tracking someone down didn't sound so hard.

       Bellroc allowed the blade to slit their finger, lava beginning to drip from the skin and onto the weapon. After a few moments, the weapon floated over to Eris for her to take. She grabbed it, her hand resting perfectly around the handle. When she realized what the Order wanted her to do, her heart almost stopped.

       She couldn't. She couldn't kill the Eldritch Queen's apprentice. She didn't want to and almost found herself begging for a different task, but she knew that the Order would force her to carry out the mission. She didn't want to go through their wicked punishments again.

       "And dispose of her with this blade. You will be rewarded for your proven loyalty." Bellroc's voice shifted between the two tones Eris grew to fear.

       "But why the apprentice?" She spoke up, and instantly regretted it. She picked herself up and almost shrunk back in fear when the ground beneath her trembled. She knew she shouldn't have tried to defy their orders.

       Skrael disappeared and reappeared behind Eris with a gust of wind. "Is this...fear coming from our champion?"

       The girl quickly shook her head, her heart racing. She was terrified. She was just ordered to take the life of an apprentice. Of course she would be scared. "No, I wish to know why the Eldritch Queen's apprentice has been chosen specifically."