Karma Really Isn't A Bitch

I woke up on the side of a busy road. I could hear cars rushing past my body. The wind from the car rushing past me. I got up, nearly falling over from the gushing wind. I held onto a bus stop pole, catching my balance and I slowly started to wake up after being startled awake. I checked my black checked bag, and everything was there. I checked my phone, no messages, not even from dad. I brushed the feeling of forgottenness off my shoulder and go for a look around. I needed to try get a job or I'll probably die out here; at least that's what my paranoia keeps telling me...

I eventually walked past some shops, a few of them did have signs saying that they need more workers but the store kind of looked... bland inside. I finally walked past a sign that was for a decent looking shop! I went to that shop which was about five shops down and went to apply for that job. I saw the line for the interviews, and it wasn't that long actually! There were only a couple people lie 2 or 3 but I wouldn't let my paranoia fully take over me this time! Well... At least try not to let it to.

After the interview I got told to wait in this kind of waiting area to see if you got the job or not. There were a few people there as well, but more this time, about 7 or 8. This is when my paranoia started to kick in. I was overthinking about everything bad that could happen. Like if I didn't get the job, I would've ended up back on the streets, desperate for a job when I run out of the little money I had in my bag, maybe even dying out there.

After I ended up pulling myself together, a few workers walked in with some sheets. A worker walked to each person, including me, with a piece of paper. I looked up to see what other people were doing with their paper. I saw people have disappointed looks on their face, guessing they didn't get the job. Then other people with big smiles on their faces or faces of disbelief, guessing that they got the job. My gut feeling kept telling me that I didn't get the job; I normally go with my gut feeling so, I didn't get my hopes up for getting the job and opened the piece of paper. My face just changed. My whole day flipped around.