' ' Singing and a pissed off demon. ' '

" Hey, Y/N? " Selever looked at Y/N.

" Hm? " Y/N looked back up at him.

" Can you sing? "

" Eh-? Oh- uhm- kinda- " Y/N rubbed the back of their neck nervously.

Selever trilled. " Oh my god I need to hear you sing. "

(That's what a 'trill' is)

" Wait what was that sou- "

Selever quickly stood from where he and Y/N had been sitting, grabbing their arm and dragging them to the area that Sarv and Keith battled just a few days previous. He stopped them on one side of a large speaker, handing them a microphone and backing up to stand across from them. He pulled another microphone out of his pocket, it was magenta and shiny.

" Ready? "

" ...as ready as I can be I guess- "

" Good! " Selever turned on a song on the speaker. As soon as it started, he started singing the first part of the song.

He was a bit loud when he sang, but his voice was nice. Y/N listened as he sang, copying what he had done when it was their turn.

His eyes widened a bit as they did so, they sounded really good... he smiled and continued with his turn, gripping his mic tight as he sang with his new best friend.

As the song finished, Y/N and Selever were panting and smiling. They both were silent for a little while.

They both suddenly broke down into laughter, falling onto their backs, giggling and laughing.

" That was amazing, Y/N!! " Selever's wings spread out at his sides as he sat up, looking at Y/N and smiling wide. Y/N gigged as they sat up as well.

" You did really great too!! I had no idea you could sing so well! " Y/N gave that same closed eye smile as before, making Selever's face go a little pink. He chuckled slightly and ruffled their hair a bit. " Hey!! "

Selever laughed and stood up. " Cmon. It's close to dinner. " Y/N stood and hopped up beside Selever, walking with him to the kitchen.

Everyone was sitting at the table, chatting away and generally having a good time. Everyone quieted down after a couple minutes and there was an off silence.

" Soooo- did you see the boy across the street from us? " Sarv mentioned.

" What does this child look like. " Ruv questioned, glancing at Sarv.

" Short, light brown hair in a small ponytail- usually wearing a turtleneck and jeans- a little taller than Y/N. " Y/N seemed to instantly get incredibly uncomfortable.

" Ugh- that bastard. Don't talk to him and don't let him anywhere near Y/N. " Selever groaned, his horns sharpening a little.

" Language, brother. " Rasazy reminded Selever, who growled slightly but said nothing.

" Guys- please let me expl- "

" Why on earth would you already have such a bad impression? " Sarv looked at her son, looking slightly shocked.

" Because he's an idiot. " Selever glanced at him parents.

" G-Guys if you just- listen- I-"

" He's just being rude again, Sarv. The child can't hurt anyone, it's probably fine. "

" Dad I'm serious! " Selever growled, Ruv was about to say something back, but he got cut off.

" He did hurt someone and that someone was me-!! " Y/n suddenly yelled, silencing everyone. Everyone at the table looked at Y/N with wide eyes, besides Ruv. Ruv had an off look, the usual neutral look but this time... this time he had a bit of anger flashing in his eyes.

" He what? " Ruv spoke lowly, his voice rattling the table.

" His name's Calvin- Selever was trying to tell you that we ran into him just a ay or two ago. Just- please don't talk to him, okay? " Y/N's voice shook a little as they spoke, slowly melting into their seat again and leaning back against the chair. They crossed their arms and looked away from everyone.

" ...alright. " Ruv sighed. " I think I'm finished. "

Ruv stood up and brought his plate tot he kitchen, walking to his room. Sarv looked at Y/N.

" Y/N, dear... are you alright...? "

" I don't wanna talk about it... " Y/N paused for a moment. " I'm sorry for yelling... "

" Don't apologize. It's okay. " Rasazy hugged Y/N tight form the side, Selever's wings drooped a little.

" Just know you can always talk to us... alright dear...? " Sarv reassured Y/N as they slowly nodded. 

" Thanks, guys... " They slowly stood, patting Rasazy's head and going to their room as well, Rasazy trailing behind to go to hers. Selever glanced at his mother.

" I'm tired of seeing Y/N like this... they've been upset every day ever since they got here. They seem... " Selever trailed off.

" Afraid? " Sarv finished for him, standing and sitting beside her son.

" Yeah. " Selever's wings twitched and he growled slightly as he thought of Calvin...

He's got a lot coming for him.

~~~

Hope everyone enjoyed this relatively short part! I'm trying to include Calvin in more subtle ways in future parts, but he's gonna be intertwined in all of them! Usually in a subtle way but sometimes it'll be direct contact with him.

See you all soon!