𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐

Start from the beginning

"Make yourself at home," Hizashi says, as he walks into the kitchen.

Shota sits on the couch in the living room, and glances at the television. Which has the show that Mic has been talking about for the longest. After a few seconds fly by, Hizashi comes back with two coffee mugs.

"Bought you a present the other day," He says, and sets a cat coffee mug right in front of him.

"A cat mug? I hate it.." He sarcastically retorts back, but secretly appreciates the thought.

"No need to lie, you love it!" His friend replies, with a flashy grin.

"You love it, but thanks"

They both bring their mug up to their lips, and drink the warm beverage. Shota lets the black coffee taste linger on his tongue for a bit.

"It's been a while since you came and visit" Mic starts the conversation.

"Just been awfully busy" Aizawa shrugs.

Humming to Shota's blunt response, Hizashi decides to change the topic that his friend hates the most.. work.

"So how's the married life treating ya?"

"Don't know" There's a hesitant pause.
"Good, I guess.." Shota's voice sounds rather disinterested, and the blonde notices.

"Well, what's up, jitters?" He digs in furthermore. Aizawa shrugs once again, and Hizashi tries to wait him out, but poorly fails.

His grumpy, straightforward friend, is known for being someone of few words. But, it would be nice to see him try and vent from what's actually troubling him besides his work. Maybe then, Hizashi would feel less of a shitty friend.

"If you don't talk, then I'll fill the silence with another excruciating story by me the pro hero Present Mic!!" He announces with both arms in the air.

Now this made Aizawa smile a bit. The old, reliable routine seems to be working in Hizashi's favor today.

"I could tell you about the first time I worked on my favorite radio show as a delivery guy. Where I made a fool out of myself, and got fired in less than an hour" Mic cringes at the memory replaying inside his head.

"I do like that one" Aizawa cockily smirks, and then slightly chuckles.

Hizashi smacks him on the shoulder, and starts to brag on how it wasn't funny at all. Since he clearly had nightmares about it for a whole year.

"Or the time I saw a guy who looked exactly like you but he wasn't, it was a complete stranger!"

"Whose name was, Shota" Aizawa adds in hating where this is going.

"Yeah!! He had the same name, and appearance, but the thing was that he was actually homeless! So I was forced to give him money for tormenting the guy!" Mic says trying to keep a serious face, but ends up snorting an ugly laugh.

The only thing that stopped his uncontrollable laughter, is the pang of pain he felt on his head, as Shota pulls his hair with a glare. They both calm down a bit, and Hizashi decides that its time to break the ice.

"Talk" He gives him a look.

"It's a bad day" The black-haired male sighs.

"[Name]?"

"Our third year anniversary was yesterday" Shota confesses.

"Oh- third?! Wow that came fast!"Mic exclaims, trying not to show how surprised, and shocked he is.

"It did. .."

Now, it all made sense.. Aizawa is clearly having a hard time with his marriage. The tight work schedule, and his love life has been going downhill, for a while. But, even if things weren't great at home. Shota has always managed to be the one to confront, and find a solution to any problems, he's had in the past. Could it be that he no longer loved his wife?

"So is [Name] going to do one of her planned days? Whaddaya call it? Food, and gifts to show how much she loves you?"

"You mean the anniversaries that are designed to point out just how much, married couples love each other? In that case, I've never done well on those.. It just shows what an uncaring, oblivious asshole I am." Shota bitterly admits.

"Wow-" Its all the blonde man could say. He's never heard such sincerity in Aizawa's voice before, and especially about his anniversary.

"I just don't remember the point" The black-haired male says, and sets down, the now empty cup of coffee.

"Well, just don't break her heart like last time.. I mean why did the two of you even argue about?"

Aizawa replays the words that she told him that day inside his head. He lets out a grunt clearly wanting to forget about it, but he obviously can't as Mic decided to bring up that exact same topic.

"Well, I forgot about our second anniversary from being too absorbed in my work, and I didn't come home that day so.."

"Of course she stayed up all night, and the food she made got cold. The next day when I got home we had a pretty heavy discussion involving our marriage." Shota briefly summarizes what happened that day.

"I mean you did forget so it's reasonable as to why she got so upset about it. Not only that, but she has gone through a lot don't you think?" Clearly meaning about her past.

"Two years ago it was fun. The first year she gave me a beautiful bound notebook. So I could write my novel when I was into writing, but now things are.. different" Aizawa tiptoes over his wife's past.

"What'd you give her?" Hizashi asks, now curious.

"Year one, I took her to the cabin beside the lake that my mother left me. Year two, I bought her flowers and a necklace to own up for my mistake"

"So what are you gonna get her now? I doubt you have a gift already done, but I can help you out if you want," Mic offers him a hand.

"Thank you, but no I actually plan on taking her out today"

"Well if that doesn't work you can always just go to bed with her? I mean it probably works out every time." The blonde jokes, and Aizawa chuckles.

"I suppose you're right,"

With a now more clear head, Shota looks down at his phone to check the time. Noticing that he's been at Hizashi's place for a while he gets up, and says goodbye to his friend.

Walking out the door, Aizawa mentally prepares himself for when he gets home. All he hopes for, is to not get into another heated argument with his wife. Maybe this time, he will make things right.

He will make sure to let her know that deep inside his heart, there is still a place for her, and only her...

𝐢

𝐢. 𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄:

dates in this book will be important! so days will go back & forward in upcoming chapters, since i'm trying to get the gone girl type of feel from the film

but if you happen to be confused on something, then feel free to ask me in the comments!

1.7k words

*·̩͙˖•̩̩͙.༊࿐

©RETR0BLUR