🐧

—No sign of Rico —Kowalski spoke up.

—Where could he have gone? —Skipper said as he placed a stick on the stone to use as a lever to lift the bell.

—He was with us a moment ago. Do you think something happened to him? —Asked Private.

—Finally free! Julien exclaimed. Thanks, penguin —He quickly approached Skipper and hugged him before he could react.

—Hey! Let me! —He pushed him away, trying to push him away, but the lemur hugged him tightly. Skipper was beginning to lose patience when he heard the light laughs from Cabo and Kowalski—. Julien!

—I felt like I was trapped for an eternity! —Julien stopped hugging Skipper—. For a moment I thought I would go crazy ?! How long was I there ?!

—Two minutes —Maurice replied.

—Ah

—Good, mission accomplished. Let's go guys —Skipper said and the penguins left.

[...]

—He must have fallen this way —a girl spoke as she looked in various directions, feeling exhausted, she sat on the bench—. Of all things, why did she have to find my favorite Manga? —she murmured. Ever since her classmate found out that she likes yaoi, she started teasing her by losing her belongings, breaking them, or throwing them away.

—Uh —Rico was behind the seat. Knowing that he had found the owner of that cartoon that hit him a few hours ago, he left the object next to the girl without her noticing.

—Here it is! But how? I wasn't here a moment ago —She looked around, but no one was around. Rico hid under the seat.

Rico was saddened by the idea of ​​walking away from that story, but he knew he had done the right thing. When he returned to his habitat he was not surprised to see Skipper waiting for him.

—Where have you been, soldier ?! —The leader asked him when Rico finished going down the stairs.

—I helped Marlene sew —he lied, remembering that a few minutes ago he had seen Marlene sewing a blanket. Skipper looked at him suspiciously.

—You better not be a traitor, I'll be watching you —Skipper turned and went to the bunks.

In the early morning, Rico woke up to whispering. Still drowsy, a flamethrower regurgitated thinking that it was a possible enemy, a few seconds later he realized that the murmurs were coming from the bunk where Skipper was. He did not understand what they were saying nor did he notice whose voice it was, so he tried to bring his ear closer, but as he moved, the flamethrower fell, alarming everyone in the barracks.

—What happen? —Kowalski spoke, getting up quickly. Rico could see Julien being thrown from the leader's bunk.

—What is King Julien doing here? —Asked Private.

—I wonder the same thing —Skipper placed the fins on her waist—. Ringtail, why are you invading our barracks? Can't you just let us rest for one night? —He said with a frown.

—I just came to say hello —Julien spoke, feeling nervous for a moment and walked quickly to the small refrigerator. Rico looked at him strangely, he did not usually see that expression on the lemur's face, he did not understand why the sudden change in attitude—, And to borrow your delicious food —he completed with his typical smile while holding a plate with a slice of cake, feeling more relaxed.

—Those supplies are for authorized personnel only —Skipper said.

—Easy, it's just borrowed —he said last, making quotation marks with his fingers.

And there it began again, another typical argument between Skipper and Julien. While they discussed, the birds watched them and considered the idea of ​​ignoring them to continue sleeping, Rico was no exception, until he remembered the story he had read and understood why the interaction of the couple in that story seemed familiar to him! to the! The smiling boy and the other one with the frown looked like Julien and Skipper, how did you not notice before? Now that he was aware of their interaction, he realized that the lemur always tries to attract the attention of others, but especially Skipper's, and in the case of the leader, although he was still arguing with Julien, Rico could tell that he liked the lemur.

— Are you okay? —Kowalski asked looking at him strangely, from one moment to the next Rico made a sinister smile as he rubbed his fins.

Rico nodded, still smiling. He had already decided, he would make Julien and Skipper fall in love. Why would you need to finish reading a story when you can manipulate the lives of your friends?