Polyhornets - Dinner with Bad News (Old)

(A/N: In this one-shot, this is after all of the stuff with the Operator happened, and Jay and Jessica dated. Also, in this, Alex, Jay, and Brian never died. Also, I'm not sure whether this exactly counts as Polyhornets, but it's Alex, Tim, and Brian x Jay, so I'm not sure. Is there a name for this? If so, can someone tell me in the comments? Thanks)

Jay sat in his car with his knees to his chin. How was he supposed to tell his friends about the news? He was supposed to meet up with them today for lunch but, thankfully, made sure to ignore all of Alex's calls. Sure, Alex, Brian, and Tim were going to be upset, but Jay wanted to at least wrap his head around the whole situation before he told the three of them.

Suddenly, he heard a tap on his window. Jay froze, and slowly turned his head towards the window. A blonde guy with glasses stood by the window wearing his blue and black striped jacket with his arms crossed. Alex.

Jay felt himself panic as he slowly rolled his window down. "H-hey Alex," he said, as he tried to hide his nervousness.

"Jay," Alex replied with a annoyed look in his eyes. "Why did you ignore my calls? You were supposed to meet us up two hours ago. Where were you?" he interrogated.

Jay held up with hands apologetically. "Sorry, I fell asleep."

Alex raised a brow. "In your car?"

"Um, yeah. I-i haven't had much sleep lately." Jay felt a bead of sweat drip down his face.

Alex sighed. "Jay, this is why I said you needed to take a break. Come on." He reached inside the car through the window and opened Jay's car door. Jay backed away from the Alex and scooted frther into his car.

"Wait, what?" Jay questioned.

"I said, come on. I'm gonna drive you there."

"Um, I thought you guys already left the place, and that's how you found me here." Jay motioned to Alex's house, which he was parked in front of. He thought Alex would come home after they all went out for lunch, and find him, but would never guess that he was here any earlier than that.

"No, we were waiting on you at the restaraunt, and when you didn't show up, even after I called you a million times, I decided to use the app I have that tracks your phone."

"Why do you have an app that tracks me?!"

"Because I get worried on where you are. We all do."

"Well, either way, I can drive myself."

"Uh, no. You fell asleep in your car. I don't want you to fall asleep again. Now, come on." Alex grabbed Jay's wrist and pulled him out of the car.

"Alex!" a voice called out. The two men turned towards the voice to see Tim and Brian pulling up next to Jay's car. Tim got out of the driver seat wearing a red flannel and mustard yellow jacket. He walked up to the two. "Thank goodness you found him. I was getting worried sick." Tim took a deep breathe and a look of worry was targeted at Jay.

Brian slung around over Jay's shoulder. "Where were you? We were waiting forever."

"He fell asleep in his car," Alex explained, impatiently. "We'll meet you two at the restaraunt. I'm driving Jay there to avoid him getting hurt while driving." Alex continued walking towards his car, dragging Jay along with him. Jay suddenly felt someone grab his other arm and jerk him backwards. Alex let go of Jay's wrist after the sudden movement, and Jay felt himself fall backwards into someone.

He looked up to see Brian looking down at him. Brian smiled and helped him stand back up. Tim mouthed the word "Sorry" to them before turning back towards Alex. "We can bring him back, Alex. We've been worried for a bit, so it's only fair in we can bring him back ourselves." Jay could feel the tension between the two. Alex and Tim still hadn't made up after everything that happened, specifically Tim.