1: the crow

You've always hated waking up.

You'd lay in bed for hours, praying for the will to get up and do something productive, all without any results.

However, Nina Zenik, your best friend in the entire world, did the honor of waking you up this morning, with the aid of a certain bucket.

Said bucket was an ordinary bucket, and what was inside of it was also quite ordinary - just freezing cold water.

As you may have guessed, that is what you woke up to.

Still, it worked, and you are grateful for that.

You were up in seconds, and were already changed into your clothes, just like that. What you currently had on was an oversized black sweater and black knee-length socks. You also had on a short black skirt underneath the sweater, which peeked out a bit, giving you the cutesy emo effect you wanted.

Putting your hood over your head, covering the pale blonde locks, you walk down to where Nina greets you.

"Is there something special going on?" you ask her quizzically. Usually this early in the morning - it was twelve AM - she had a customer. 

"Yeah, you idiot. Your tattoo." she replies, pointing to her elbow, which had a tattoo of a crow trying to drink from a near-empty glass.

"Oh right, I get the emo tattoo."

"The tattoo of the Dregs, you mean."

"Yeah yeah sure." you wave her off. "Where's my eyeliner?"

"You don't have to look so edgy all the time, you know." 

You stare straight into her eyes. "Alright alright here." she fishes it out of her purse and passes it over to you. After gently applying it, you walk over to the front door, which she gladly pushes open for you with an exaggerated bow. Stepping through anyway, you cover your eyes as the bright sunlight tries to blind you.

"Sorry vampire, forgot to remind you." she retorts walking straight past you. Doing a little jog to catch up with her, the two of you fall in step soon enough.

Alliances changed, people with one gang soon move to the next. But you've kept with the Dregs for well over a year now. You weren't planning on leaving, well, ever.

"Why though?" Nina had asked you once.

"It's..." you replied back then. "It's the aesthetic."

Now, more reasons have been added to that, but it is true you will forever love the aesthetic of the Dregs.

So a while back, you've decided to get the final tattoo.

And now you're getting it.

---

"See? It wasn't half so bad." states Nina walking out of the tattoo parlor, linked with you.

"Yeah, it was worse." Truth was, it hurt. It hurt a lot.

"Oh come on, well now you have it." she winked at you. "Focus on the positive."

"How is getting an emo tattoo a positive?"

"Well, I don't know, maybe now you're an official member of your favorite gang?"

"It's not my favorite one."

"Then what is?"

You paused for a second. "I don't have one."

Nina burst out laughing, and you used that opportunity to get away from her. You find a small alley to hide in, and roll up your sleeve to check out your new - and first - tattoo.

The person who applied it was a little choppy, but other than that, it was a really good tattoo. Besides, you liked your lopsided crow better than Nina's perfect one.

You move your hand over it, admiring it. This crow will be part of you, forever. 

You turn your head abruptly, hearing a noise from the alley.

"Hey you got any money?" a voice asks you from the shadows. "I'm broke."

"Only if you pay me back." you reply calmly. "And show yourself." you add wisely.

"Alright fine." 

Out walks a hooded figure. Then said figure takes off their hood and reveals a Zemeni man. You recognize him as one of the Dregs. You've also seen him multiple times gambling at the Crow Club.

"2000 kruge?" he asks you.

"Okay but pay me back 3000."

"Fine." You pass him the money and start to walk away before remembering you probably need to get his name.

"And your name..?"

"Jesper Fahey, hottest member of the Dregs. And you?"

"(Y/n). Don't forget to pay me back."

"I won't." he waves back at you all giddy.

Some part of you asks why you trusted him so easily. But another tells you that 'wow, you're about to get a free thousand kruge'. And yet another tells you you'll be meeting him again soon.

We'll see which one is right.

While we wait, you can go back home and take a nap.

Which is exactly what you do.

.

.

.

ello again

so one i decided to make yall blonde because story, and two yall wear eyeliner even tho gender neutral because make up has no gender and its cute

also if youre reading this far then i think you like the story so give tips plz

jesper has been added owo whadduyu think 

lmao this is actually quite fun

anywho bai now

- coraline