Grometheus

"I'm back!" I called as I swung open the door. Kings head popped into the room, he jumped into my arms.

"LUZ! Don't ever leave that long again," he ordered while snuggling into my arms. I tightened my wrap around him.

"I missed you too buddy," I replied.

"So Luz how was your date with Amity?" Hooty sang wrapping around me with a wink. Her name made the butterflies in my stomach flutter. I felt the heat rush to my cheeks.

"It was really nice," I giggled. I thought of Amity, she was perfect, and so was our date, it was our first official one too. I remembered the warm sun shining on our faces, how the wind blew in her beautiful hair. She made me feel okay, with all the crazy stuff going on.

"Oh so you two are finally together," a voice cooed, I glanced at the direction it came from to see the former head of the emperors coven leaning up against the door frame. She wore a long green dress that ran down to her heels, with a few bracelets that seemed to be handmade. The most noticeable thing however was her hair, instead of her usual straight and organized, she had it in her natural curly style.
"Lilith your back!" I exclaimed. King hopped out of my arms as I embraced her. She seemed a little shocked, but patted me on the head. I smiled, it'd been a while since I'd seen her. Maybe we weren't that close but it still felt good to hug her, "it's so nice to see you."

"Nice to see you too Luz," she responded.

"Also dang girl you look great," I declared without thinking. She chuckled and thanked me.

"LULU IS BACK! Can you believe it Luz?! We spent the whole day together!" Hooty screamed, suddenly I realized where all those bracelets came from. Lilith filled me in on everything that was going on, from her parents to news of the emperor.

Finally I crashed in my bed after a fun, but long day. I glanced out the window as thoughts began to flood in. It was only a matter of time before Belos made his next strike, we had to be ready. Lilith told me that was part of the reason she came. We still had a few days before our plan though. And my mom, when was I going to get back, and how could I just leave my whole life behind?

"Hey Luz?" King whispered while pawing at my feet, pulling me out of my trance, "can we go for a fly together?" He whimpered. I couldn't help it, he was so cute, plus I could use a relaxing fly.

I sighed, "okay, we can go," he cheered and tugged me to the door.

We hopped on owl burt and took off into the sky. Even though I'd done this before, it was always just as magical every time. I watched the world fly by below me, the wind rushing through my ears with the occasional King screech. If you looked past the terrifying aspects, the Boiling Isles was actually beautiful. From the edge of the forest to the middle of town. We flew to the edge of the island around the outskirts of the land.

Suddenly king shrieked, "Luz what was that?!" I gasped as we came to a halt, a gust of wind rushed towards us. The staff spun out of control. I gripped on as tight as I could searching for Kings warmth but I couldn't find it. He was shooting towards the ground, calling my name. I screamed and flew towards him.

"LUZ!" he cried, I stretched out my arm to his
"King grab my hand now!" I hollared, he reached for my hand, I felt his paw brush against my fingers. I tilted the staff down and slid to the end of it, gripping on to his wrist, "I got you don't wor-"

𝐵𝑂𝑁𝐾!

We crashed into a tree.
I groaned sitting up from the cold hard dirt, Inspat out the mud in my mouth and sighed, scanning the ground for the little demon.

"King!" I called, "kiiiiiiiinnngg!"

I felt his paw grab my hand and tug my behind a bush, I gasped and hugged him, "king I'm so glad you're okay!" I exclaimed. He placed a finger over my lips and shushed me.

He whispered urgently, "I heard somebody here, I don't know who."

My eyes widened, we crashed near the emperors palace, so anybody here couldn't be good.

"Wait so can you like, talk to other palisman?" A familiar voice asked. I bit my lip, it had to be him. King growled as he walked by. I noticed the bird on his shoulder, it was a palisman.

I held my breath, what was the golden guard- or Hunter doing here? How did he have a palisman? And why? I thought back to the time we worked together, I knew I couldn't trust him but maybe I could talk to him. I pinched myself, "no Luz."

Hunter suddenly stopped, he grabbed something off the ground, I squinted to see what it was, it looked like a long stick, or owl burt.

He examined it closely, "is this.. the owl lady's?"
King tugged on my shirt, "come on Luz let's beat him up!" He whispered. I shook my head, there was no way I could beat him, with or without his artificial staff.

"Come on buddy," Hunter said as he patted his palisman, that then formed into a staff. He stared at owl burt, "I should bring this back to Belos."

I turned to King, "is he what you saw?!" I asked frantically. King shook his head.

"It was dark, like water but in a forest," he explained quietly. I nodded, searching my head for an answer to what it was.

Suddenly a flash of black swirled behind Hunter, king patted my arm and pointed to the darkness. I gasped, was that.. grom?