Chapter 75 || Chrismtas Holidays

Start from the beginning

"Merry Christmas, grandma!" Amelia sing songed at the scoffing lady. Her eyes brightened up at sight of her granddaughter.

"Amelia! – wait is it Christmas yet?– I dont even realise how many days pass covered in this dirty cloth" Walburga said, Amelia chuckled slightly, sitting in front of the portrait on the floor.

"So whats new?" Walburga asked with her lips slightly tugging upwards.

Amelia let out a small laugh and gave her all the information about everything happening recently in her life.

"And then Mr. Weasley is in hospital now, hope he recovers soon" Amelia finished with a sad sigh. Walburga decided to stay quite, not passing any snarky remarks for the Weasleys knowing her granddaughter wont like it.

"Hmm where's kreacher? tell him to prepare the special christmas feast until you are here" Walburga said changing the topic.

"Okay, I think he mist be in the R.A.B. room, always keeps weeping there" Amelia said and noticed a slight change of expression in her grandmother's change at the mention of the name.

"Who's R.A.B?" Amelia asked in a steady voice, although she knew who he was but wanted to hear it from her. Walburga stayed quite holding a slight pained look.

"My son, died years ago, but never failed to make me proud, he was obedient and respected our culture, unlike your nasty father" Walburga said her tone getting bitter at the end.

"How he died?" Amelia asked raising an eyebrow.

"You see, I do not want to talk about my children's death, they are dead so let them rest in peace" Walburga said calmly trying not to burst out. Amelia blinked understanding and nodded and changed the topic talking about what to do this christmas. Wait— Children!?

Both chatted for a while, Walburga telling what she used to do for christmas, Amelia asking what she would have gifted her if she was not a portrait

"You know If I were not a portrait, anything of this wouldnt be happening, I wouldnt even have met you in person, or even if I did, your name would be different, you would be different,just everything would have been different" Walburga said.

"Oh then what would have been my name then?" Amelia asked amused.

"Something according to our family tradition, every black family member is named after a constellation or star" Walburga said with a small smile. Amelia hummed thinking.

"Hm something like Celeste?– Nah, Adhara?– oh god no, Cressida?– Never, Lyra?– its good isnt it!?" Amelia asked and saw all the color drain out of Walburga's face.

"What!? Tell me is Lyra good or not?" Amelia asked again, but Walburga looked like she was hit with a truck.

"Just go, I'll talk to you later" Walburga breathed out dismissively. Amelia frowned, what happened to her?

"Why?" Amelia asked frowning confused.

"Just go Amelia" Walburga said sternly. Amelia got up pouting and leaving before covering the portrait or her grandmother with the veil. She once again reached to the dinning room to find everyone already sitting on the table and her father happily bringing out food which he prepared.

"No one cared to call me?– How sweet" Amelia smiled seating herself at the chair beside the headchair of the table. Much to her displeasure Harry Potter sat across her. Everyone awkwardly exchanged glances.

"We were about to call you Amelia" Sirius said sweetly smiling at her. Amelia just simply looked away.

"Sirius any news about Mr. Weasley?" Harry asked a bit urgently.