"Hey, Hugo! Hey- hey, Hugo!" Lance yelled as he made his way over to where the blonde was rearranging books. He gave a short sigh and turned to the man, "What can I do y'for, Lance?"
"Do you have any books on...revitalisation? Rejuvenation? That sorta thing." Lance asked, almost desperately.
"Y'know, I think I have just the thing." Hugo tucked a book back into its shelf then gestured for Lance to follow him. He crouched down on one aisle in particular to read the spines of books on a low shelf.
"There you are!" Eugene said as he jogged over to Lance.
"Did you get lost, Your Majesty? Y'know we offer tours for the little ones so they don't go missing. Maybe you should consider booking." Hugo smirked as he stood up and handed a book to Lance.
Eugene pulled a face at Hugo then looked over Lance's shoulder at the book he'd been handed.
"Growing up." Lance read the cover then looked up at Hugo's grinning face.
Eugene sighed from beside him, "He's mocking you, Lance." The brunette explained, "This is a children's book."
"Shame on you." Lance said, handing the book back to Hugo then walking off to continue his search.
Hugo shrugged then leant down to put the book back.
"Where's Varian? Shouldn't he be here by now?"
"He's speaking to the Queen about gettin' some time off work."
"Why does he need time off work?"
"It's...complicated." Hugo responded. Eugene waited for him to continue, but he didn't.
"Oh, I see- you're not going to tell me."
"Nope." Hugo smiled and walked off, past Eugene, "Oh, and try not to get lost again."
"I didn't-" Eugene huffed and walked off once again to find Lance.

"You know, when I requested an audience with the Queen...this is not what I expected." Varian said.
"Stop moving." Rapunzel demanded.
The boy was stood, posing for a picture Rapunzel was painting. She had a paintbrush in her left hand and a pen in her right. While she painted Varian's portrait, she also signed decrees and other important documents.
"You're getting...really good at this Queen thing, huh?" Varian chuckled.
"Right? By doing things this way, I have time to visit the townspeople before the end of the day." The Queen looked away from her painting to read the documents to her right. After signing it, the Royal Advisor; Nigel took it from the pile.
"So, Varian. What did you want to talk about?"
"Oh- I...wanted to ask you if...I could take some time off work." He said nervously. Rapunzel looked up at him,
"Time off work? Why?" She smiled.
"Well. There's been a...development."
"Go on..."
"I think part of my mother's spirit might still be attached to me. And I have to go to the Kingdom of Tonitrua to free her."
"Oh..." Rapunzel put down her pen and paintbrush, "But you freed your mother from the Eternal Library two years ago."
"I know- but my...sources tell me it's possible she didn't pass on properly."
"That's awful." The Queen moved closer to Varian, "Varian, of course you can take time off work. Is Hugo going with you?" She questioned.
"Oh...I hoped he could- but if you need someone to stay and look after the library-"
"No, of course he can go with you! You're gonna need help if you're travelling across the kingdoms again. But I will need you to find someone to handle the library while you're gone." Rapunzel smiled and Varian's eyes widened before he let out a small laugh of relief.
"I will- I'll find someone now! Thank you so much, Rapunzel!" The boy went in for a hug then met Nigel's gaze. He cleared his throat and shook the Queen's hand. She smiled widely then watched him walk from the throne room in a proper manner before running down the hall. The Queen looked to her painting,
"Darn- I didn't get to finish his portrait..."

"You need to find someone t'look after the library while we're gone?" Hugo asked, crossing his arms.
"Well, yeah- who knows how long it'll take to get to Tonitrua and back." Varian sighed.
"Got anyone in mind?"
"Not really...whoever it is doesn't necessarily have to understand everything going on here, as long as they're good at following instructions."
"Good at following instructions...? Can't think of anyone we know."
Varian puffed out his cheeks and tapped his fingers on the desk. The two were silent for some time before Varian spoke,
"What if...it isn't exactly a person we put in charge of the library?"
"What're you getting at, Stripes?"
"Well, I know how to make an automaton, and you made Liv- I bet we could make something to look after the library." The boy smiled and Hugo began grinning.
"Sounds like a challenge."
"Hey, if you're not up to it..." Varian teased.
"Puh-lease, Goggles- I reckon we could get this thing finished before midnight."