Asher reached across the table and pulled her face into his hands, his lips brushing against hers before fully engaging in a kiss. "I'm sorry, Evie."

"Do that again," she giggled.

"You want me to kiss you again?" he asked, slightly chuckling.

"Yes," she blushed. "Kiss me."

Asher let out a small laugh reaching across the table to kiss her. Evelyn meeting him in the middle to close the gap as their lips moved in sync. The two had shortly pulled away having to remind themselves that they were in the cafe.

He drummed his fingers lightly against the tabletop before announcing. "I'm taking you on a date tomorrow."

"A date?" she perked up. "Not a group date with your bros, right?"

"Very funny," Asher chuckled, sarcastically. "No, not a group date with my bros. Just me and you, E."

☆☆☆

Evelyn had no idea what was in store for her the following day as she got ready for her date with Asher. He gave her zero details about where he was taking her and just texted her a simple message that said don't dress up too much.

She sifted through her closet as she settled on an outfit to wear. She picked out a simple blue dress that had white flowers speckled all over it and a pair of sandals. It was casual, yet, cute.

The doorbell had alerted her attention, she peeked out of her balcony and spotted Asher's car. Immediately racing down the steps to get to him before any of her family members did. But, it was too late, Enrique had opened the door and seemed to be interrogating him

"Why are you here?" she heard her brother ask. "And why are you bringing me flowers, dude? We're not that close."

Asher scoffed, his eyes going over Enrique's shoulder and eyeing Evelyn. "They're not for you. They're for her."

"Ohhhh," he realized, turning around to look at his twin sister. "Since dad isn't here, I guess, I'll be him for the day. Have her home by 10:30 pm. If she's not home I'm calling a search party for you two."

"Ricky," Evelyn whined, bumping past her brother to retrieve the flowers. "You're embarrassing me. Stop. We don't even have a curfew."

"With me in charge, you have a curfew," he chuckled. "Now, back to you, Adams. Keep those hands and lips to yourself. More importantly, if she comes home upset. I'm kicking your ass."

"You got it," Asher agreed. "You can happily kick my ass if I ever make your sister upset."

"I like him," Enrique grinned. "Have fun! But, not too much fun!"

"I'd apologize for him but he's your friend," she joked, as they walked to his car.

Asher opened the passenger seat as any gentleman would and gave her a shrug. "I don't mind. It's nice that he's so protective of you. You look really beautiful by the way."

She flashed him a smile. "Thank you. Now, where are you taking me?"

"Um," he flushed red as he spoke. "How does a picnic sound? I was thinking we go to that one park not too far from that ice cream shop you used to love in middle school."

"That sounds amazing," she grinned.

Asher pulled his car into a parking space and shifted the gear into park. As Evelyn attempted to reach for the door handle, he swatted her hand away and quickly raced out of the car to open the door for her.

She blushed at how romantic he was being. He then proceeded to pull out a white sheet and picnic basket from his trunk.

Her eyes widened as they approached the grass and he laid the sheet down. He began unpacking the food from the basket and she quickly realized he had packed her favorite foods.