Day 2

"This is fucking crazy" I said as we waited for our plane. My leg bounced nervously as time went by. "What's wrong?" Kat asked me. "It's my emotions. It's like the the closer we get to being in LA the more anxious I get. I don't know. Maybe I'm thinking to much." I say. "Oh your definitely thinking to much. You need to calm down and breath. Ever since you've agreed to do this you've been stress out over everything. Just relax and get your mind together." Kat tells me. I nod and take a deep breath in. Then slowly releasing it. Leaning back in my seat I decided to rest my eyes. After a while I was woken up by Kat. "This planes here." She says. I sighed before stretching. Then grabbing my bag and following her to our gate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"This hotel is really nice

"This hotel is really nice." Kat says as she looked around. "It is. I'm surprised they put us in a 5 star hotel." I said as I drop I g my bags on the floor. "Me too. But then again they're probably tryna make you feel as comfortable as possible."  She tell me before looking through in rooms. I guess that's true. Seeing as they went through all this trouble just to get me on the show. "Which room do you want?" I asked when she came back out. "I'll take the right one. I know you like to look at the moon before you go to sleep. That room had a window and mine doesn't." Kat tells me. "Ok. I'm gonna go lay down." I say and head to my room.

I flopped down on the bed and sighed at how comfortable the bed was. It felt like I was floating on clouds. I was just about to fall asleep but then my phone started ringing. I groaned loudly before picking up my phone to see who was calling me. "Normani..." I said as I looked at my cousins name. I debated on not answering seeing as I haven't spoken to her in years. I planned on ignoring it but my finger accidentally touched the green button when I put it down. "Fuck." I whispered. "Hello? Y/n?" I heard from the other end. "Hey Mani." I said. I couldn't just ignore her now. "I'm surprised you answered. You never answer my calls anymore." She says and let's out a nervous chuckle.

"I know. I've just been busy." I tell her. "Really Y/n? Every single time I've called or text you were busy?" She asks. "There was a lot going on Normani. I wasn't ready ok? I was still trying figure out who I was." I said making her sigh. "I understand that. But I was worried about you. You just disappeared after your mom died. Nobody but Kat knew what was really going on with you. And she wouldn't even tell no one." She says. I could hear the sadness in her voice. "Look I'm sorry. But I wanted it that way. My story wasn't meant to be told by her. It was meant to be told by me." I tell her. The line goes quiet for a while. I almost thought she hung up until she spoke again.

"I'm sure you've gotten a call about the show, right?" She asks me. "I did." I say with a nod. "Are you going to do it?" She asks. "I didn't plan on it. But Kat convinced me to do it." I tell her. "That's great. I can't wait to see you. I missed you." She says. "I missed you too."

~Paradise