Fest (Chapter 18)

Start from the beginning

Jai: Wo toh pata hai, tumhara dance video dekha, par abhi kahi nahi dikh rahi. ( I know that, I saw the dance video, but I'm not able to find her anywhere now.)

Sid: Ghar gayi hogi shayad, uske koyi problem thi na? ( Maybe she went home, there were some problems right?)

Jai: Ha, kya hua wo nahi bataya, par kuch hua hai ye bataya tha. Par wo ghar kaise jaayegi? Aaj uske paas chaabi nahi thi, aur uske parents ko ghar aane mein wakt hai. ( Yes, I don't know what, but there are. But how will she go home? She didn't have keys today and there is time for her parents to return home.)

Abhi: Tune back corridor check kiya? ( Did you check the back corridor?)

Jai: Waha kyu jayegi, waha koyi nahi jata hai. ( Why would she go there, no one goes there.)

Abhi: Isliye hi toh jaati hai. ( That's the reason she goes.)

Jai: Oh. 

He went and found her there. 

Jai: Tu yaha kyu aa gayi? ( Why have you come here?)

Reem: Bas aise hi. Aaj kal ghar mein kuch ajeeb sa feel hota hai. ( Simply. Now-a-days I feel strange at home.)

He stood next to her. 

Jai: Matlab? ( Meaning?)

Reem: Pata nahi, mujhe aisa feel hota hai jaise hum teeno mein distance ho raha hai. Aur mummy papa kuch toh chupa rahe hai. Ghar mein sab hote hai toh bhi feel hota hai jaise mai akeli hu. ( I don't know, I feel like we three are growing distant. And they both are hiding something. Even when all are at home it feels like I'm home alone.)

Jai: Kyu? ( Why?)

Reem: Mujhe kuch samajh nahi aa raha hai. Aur ye sab us din se chal raha hai, jab maine kuch tootne ki aawaz suni. Mai room mein gayi, toh papa ne bola ki unke haath se vase gir gaya, aur mummy washroom mein thi. Kuch aur hi toota us din. ( I'm not able to understand anything. And all this is going on since the day when I heard a noise of something breaking. I went to their room, papa said the vase spilled from his hand and mummy was in the washroom. Something else only broke that day.)

Jai: Ho sakta hai unka koyi jhagda ho gaya ho, theek ho jayega. ( Maybe it's just a fight, it will be fine.

Reem: Chote jhagde 3 mahino tak nahi chalte hai Jai. Aur maa baap ke beech jhagda ho bhi jaye, toh wo apni beti se dur nahi ho jaate hai. Aur itna kya jhagda ki same room mein bhi nahi reh rahe hai? Wo humesha alag rooms mein chale jaate jab unhe lagta ki mai so gayi hu, tab tak hall mein hi rehte hai. Ek dusre ke aas paas rehna pasand nahi karte hai. ( Small fights don't last 3 months Jai. And even if parents fight, they don't forget their daughter. How big is the fight that they don't even want to be in the same room? They go in different rooms when they think I've slept, till then they are in hall. They don't like being near each other also.)

Jai didn't know what to say. Her parents were having a very big fight, in which they forgot about their own daughter. 

Jai: Mai nahi janta kya hua hai, aur uske baare mein kuch kar bhi nahi sakta, par tu chahe toh kuch din mere ghar reh sakti hai, ya mai tere ghar aa sakta hu. ( I don't know what has happened, and I can't even do anything about it, but you can live with me or I can come to your home for few days.)

Reem: Tu mere ghar aa jana. Mujhe toh waise bhi tere ghar aana hai baadme. ( You come to my home. I have to come to your home later anyways.)

Jai smiled at her. That evening with Reem's parents' permission, Jai came there for few days. After one month. Today was the fest. The host came to the stage and all the speeches and everything was done. 

H: Now I would like to call the Nigam bros for their performance. 

They both danced on Desi boyzz. Everyone was cheering on their amazing performance, and many were singing along as well. After that they came down and went out. Vaishneet came there. 

Sid: Kaisa laga? ( How was it?)

Vaish: Bahut hi acha tha. ( It was very nice.)

Avu: Ha. Log ikdam crazy ho gaye the tumhara dance dekh kar. ( Yes. People went crazy seeing your dance.)

Riya: Jijus, you both rocked the stage. 

Abhi: You also saw? 

Riya: Yup, they video called me when you both went. 

Sid: Oh. And thanks for the compliments. 

They watched the fest. It was Jaireem's performance time. They both danced and all were shouting "JAIREEM". After the performance they came down. 

Abhi: Wow, your dance was fantastic. 

Vaish: Yes, even your dancing chemistry is perfect. 

Jaireem: Thank you. 

Riya: Guys, you had set the stage to fire. I want a live performance later. Now I'll have to go. Bye guys. 

All 6: Bye. 

Avu: Reem, kya hua, khush nahi lag rahi? ( Reem, what happened, you don't look happy?)

Reem: Mummy papa nahi aaye. Wo har saal aate hai fest par, lekin is baar nahi aaye. ( My parents didn't come. They come  to the fest every year, but didn't come this time.)

Vaish: Koyi baat nahi, thoda busy hoge. Chal, tu toh enjoy kar. ( It's ok, they might be busy. Come, at least you enjoy.)

Reem smiled. After sometime the winners were also announced, Jai had come first in relay. After fest all went to their homes. Reem went home to find her mother not at home, she went to her father's room. He opened the door, and she immediately understood he is drunk. She was confused and just went to her room without saying anything, her head aching due to all the questions in her mind. 

◙⊶⊷◙⊶⊷◙⊶⊷◙⊶⊷◙⊶⊷◙⊶⊷◙⊶⊷◙⊶⊷◙⊶⊷◙⊶⊷◙

Hey guys

How was the chapter?

Pls do vote and comment.

Why does Sid trouble Reem and scares away the boys?

Will Abhi find out about it?

What was Vibha aunty thinking after hearing Sid's words?

Why did Reem's words disturb Sid?

What had Sid done earlier?

What will the fight between Reem's parents lead to? 

Stay tuned
Bye.