We're Just Friends

Friends with Benefits with James Potter.

"What are friends with benefits?" James asked me while the two of us were trying to study for our Herbology essay we needed to get done by the end of the week. I was shocked when that question came out of his mouth.

"Y/N. What does it mean?" I looked up at James from across the table to see that he seemed seriously confused.

"James, you are how old and you don't know what it means?" James smirked at me with his signature smirk. He picked up his quill and dipped it in his ink and started writing.

"Just wanted to make sure you knew what it means." He emphasized 'you'. I glared daggers in his direction.

"Fuck off, James." And I went back to my essay.

.

A few weeks later James and I were back in the library doing our homework when James stunned me again with another question.

"Do you wanna do friends with benefits with me?" I stopped breathing completely. The quill in my hand fell out of my grip and I slowly lifted my gaze to James, and of course, he had a smirk on his face and I wanted to slap it off for asking that stupid question.

"Why would I do that with you?" James just leans closer to me.

"Because I know you want to." Now I really wanted to slap him. I stood up from the table and grabbed all my stuff and left without saying anything.

.

To say that I was avoiding and ignoring James along with the other boys was an understatement. I told Lily what happened and what James said and asked her to help me avoid them. Surprisingly she agreed and kept telling the boys I was sick or that I was in detention or that I was having lady problems. But every day she would come back to our shared room and tell me that James wanted to talk to me.

I knew the boys didn't believe a single lie that Lily told them. I just didn't want to see James was all. Especially if he wanted what he was insinuating.

It wasn't the fact I hadn't had sex yet, it was the fact that it was him who wanted to do that with me. I always viewed the boys and brothers and Lily as my sister. And to have James just casually asked that question was a bit shocking to me.

I mean, James isn't bad-looking. He is quite attractive. Even Lily has said that she finds him attractive. It just scares me that he wants to do friends with benefits with me. I mean over the years the boys were always protective over Lily and me.

I just don't know what to say to a question that blunt and out of the blue.

James and I are just friends, right?

Walking down the quiet hall, I didn't pay attention to the shadows until a hand grabbed me and clasped over my mouth before I could scream. The person dragged me over to an empty classroom and shut and locked the door. Turning around it was James.

"What the fuck James. You can't just do that to me. You know how easily scared I can get." I held a hand to my rapidly beating heart, trying to calm myself down. James looked somewhat sorry, but there was also something else going on with him. Once I calmed down a bit he broke the silence first.

"Why have you been avoiding me?" He crossed his arms and leaned against a desk. I mirrored his pose. I shrugged.

"Oh, I don't know, maybe the fact that someone I view as a brother asked me if I would be down to fuck for casual sex." His eyes flitted over my face as I spoke and I could feel my cheeks burn with each passing second. He was quiet for a second before he spoke again.