Chapter 2

The day of the surgery, the little girl and her father as well as her uncle had to wait for a while before she could be called in. The little girl was nervous and started to worry but then she remembered her uncle Chris's words, ¨just keep smiling and have faith little one...¨. ¨Ok Uncle Chris I'll smile and have faith, for father and for you.¨ she thought to herself as she repeated those words of comfort, she felt a little bit better about her surgery.

The nurse then called for her and told her father that the doctor was ready and before they took her in her father gave her a worrying glance, but then, the little girl smiled at her father and said to him ¨don't worry I'm not afraid I'll be okay thanks to uncle Chris.¨

Her father then gave her daughter a nod as the nurse took her into the doctor's office to get ready for surgery.

Both the little girl's father and uncle Chris waited a long time for his daughter, sitting in the waiting room wondering if she was going to be okay, and when she was going to come out of the operating room. Chris saw the constant worry on his face and gave him a comforting smile, the father was thankful for the comforting look but it didn't make the situation any better as they both waited for the little girl. But after 6 long hours, the nurse finally came to the waiting room. Both the father and uncle Chris stood up. ¨Is my daughter ok? How is she? Is she awake yet? Please! Tell me she's ok.¨ the father said frantically.

¨Calm down Mr. Mckinley your little girl is fine, follow me¨ the nurse said. Uncle Chris wanted to stay behind and get some food for himself, his friend, and his niece. She led them both into a different room, where the little girl lay.

The moment Mr. Mckinley saw his daughter, he was glad to see she was sleeping, but a little upset to see how pale she looked. Mr. Mckinley walked up to his sleeping daughter as he took a seat that was beside her bed. He gently stroked her hair hoping she would wake up soon. As the hours went by, Mr. Mckinley decided to get up and go find Uncle Chris, after all he knew that the little girl would be asking for him as soon as she woke up.

He gave her a kiss on her forehead and wished her a good sleep as he walked out the room. After what seemed like an eternity, the little girl finally woke up. She opened her eyes slowly trying to process where she was and for a few moments she started to worry since her father wasn't there next to her. ¨Wh-where am I? Where's Uncle Chris and my father? Why do I feel so weak?¨. The little girl had so many questions that she wanted answers to but she felt so alone in this empty room.

She was all by herself, and she hated this feeling of loneliness and wanted to call out to her father, but worried that her father won't hear her. ¨Calm down...calm down, its okay I can figure this out I can-¨ she broke off since she has an uncomfortable feeling in her arms, she looked down at her arms to see what it was, then her eyes widened in horror as she saw long wires attached to her arms to a weird machine that was making weird noises.

At that moment, she started to panic and call out to her father and her uncle.¨Father!?! Uncle Chris, please somebody help me!! Please someone... anyone!¨ she sobbed. She was terrified of the things in her arms and wanted them off of her. After a few moments of screaming and crying for help, a nurse finally came to her calling. ¨Please honey, try to calm down, it's alright you're safe now.¨ the nurse explained.

¨But, where's my father and Uncle Chirs? I needed to see them please! I don't want to be here by myself.¨ said the little girl as the nurse grabbed a wet cloth from a bowl and started to clean her face.

¨They're right in the other room dear, I assure you that they didn't leave you and-¨ the nurse cut off as she heard footsteps running her way, it was her father, he had a worried expression on his face and turned to her daughter to see tears in her eyes.

He ran to her and gave her a comforting hug, rocking her back and forth, telling her it'll all be okay. ¨Father! Where were you?! I was worried you have left me.¨ the little girl said as she started to wipe the tears from her eyes.
¨Oh, I'm so sorry my dear, I went to go find Uncle Chris and when I did I decided to talk to him for a little bit, then I knew that you'd be hungry so I had asked Uncle Chris to come to the market with me to get some food from the market.

Once I came back, I heard you scream and needed to run as fast as I could to get here.¨ Mr. Mckinley said to the little girl, then another set of footsteps came towards the little girl's room, it was Uncle Chris he breathed heavily as he carried one bag that contained the food in it.

¨What-what happened? Is everything alright?¨ he said as he breathed heavily trying to catch his breath.

¨Everything is fine Chris, the little one just had a scare is all¨. Mr. Mckinley explained as he told him about the situation. Then Uncle Chris gave a slight chuckle as he explained what was on her arms. The little girl started to feel a little bit better and started to calm down a bit, as her breathing copied the beat of the EKG.