Chapter 1

"Oh.... my head...." 

Our story begins in a dark hallway of Castle Bleck, where an unsuspecting man in green wakes, confused as to where. Luigi slowly gets up and takes a look around. It's awfully dark.

"Hey! Where am I?!"

He bites his lip and looks down, holding his fingers to his temples, trying to recall memories so he can figure out where he is and what exactly he's doing here.

Wedding.... big black heart.... Oh, right!

"Oh yeah, now I remember! I was saving Princess Peach, but I screwed it up, and-"

"You awake, Green?"

He jumps a tad and turns around to see what but two goombas standing there. He cocks his head to the side in the slightest and hesitantly waves.

"Yeah... H-hey there, uh, bad guys. You doing all right?"

What a ridiculously stupid thing to say. But how does one address people in this kind of situation?!

"Yeah, we're doing OK. Good to see you made it! (Figured he was done... Dude is tougher than he looks.)"

The first goomba muttered that last part under his breath, but Luigi could still hear. He chose to shake that last part away and plaster an awkward smile on his face, scratching the back of his head with his left hand.

"So yeah...kinda awkward... Say, have you guys seen the princess and Bowser?"

Answers. Answers are what he needs. He began to awkwardly rock back and forth on his heels, hands in his pockets.

"Nope, not so much. You're the only one we found lying around here. Hopefully, they're both OK. (Get a load of this moron! Who cares about his friend?)"

Ouch.

"Most of the other minions got captured or something. And we're probably next! (Why is this dude so calm?! We're behind enemy lines!)"

The two goombas exchanged awkward glances, then took a step closer to Luigi and smiled as if they were old friends.

"Sooooo... Luigi, old buddy! What do you think about maybe getting out of here? We're thinking maybe you open up a path for us...and we all bail. Watcha think?"

Luigi quickly shook his head no. Bailing was not an option. He needed to find Princess Peach. Who was already safe by now, idiot. He refused to let her be lost or hurt because he screwed everything up earlier.

"No... I... I couldn't possibly! I've gotta save the princess!"

What kind of hero would he be if he were to just bail?!

The first goomba smiled a light, almost evil smile, then let out a fake sigh. "Man...wow. Did NOT expect that. All those stories about Great Luigi's daring exploits... We'd heard you were the defender of the helpless! We have no one else!"

Luigi's eyes softened ever so slightly. 

"The G-Great Luigi, you say? A... A daring defender? ...Me?"

They were right. As a hero, he needs to help all! No, you idiot. Why are you manipulated so easily?!

"Then I've got no choice! Luigi must spring into action! My fans need me!"

He smiled and placed his hands on his hips, filled with a newfound confidence. 

The two goombas smiled at each other and followed behind him. "Oh, you are the BEST! (Man, that was waaaaay too easy. What a sucker!)" "We're right behind you! (But the second the going gets rough, we BAIL!)"

Luigi heard that. He heard it. And it did sting a little, but who would he be to correct them for it.

It was the truth anyway.

"Then follow ME, brave...er...Goombas! Here we gooooo!" He began to run onward, exploring the dark castle, looking for a way out. He decided to go through some doorways to the left, and search for something, anything. Keeping his eyes peeled for any hints as to how to get out.

"Great Luigi! Wait for us!"

He stopped at a dead end and turned around, giving the two goombas a chance to catch up. Once they arrived they looked around and gave disappointed looks.

"Uh oh... Looks like the end of the line here."

Of course he'd lead them to a dead end. Of course he would.

"Oh boy... Looks like you're right. Now what do we do?" Luigi asked, unsure of himself now. This is why he usually followed behind Mario. It was easier not to make mistakes when you weren't in charge.

"Uh... Shouldn't we look for another way out, maybe? (This guy's useless.) If we stay put, somebody is definitely going to spot--"

Ouch.

Suddenly, there was a quick flash, and the goomba speaking became dizzy and disoriented.

"GAZOOOORT! Hail Bleck!" The goomba shouted, before walking off to join the team of bad guys. Luigi watched with wide eyes. Great job Luigi. You lead the guy to a dead end, and now he's brainwashed thanks to you.

"GARY, NO!" The other goomba cried, eyes beginning to tear up. This is your fault, Luigi. All your fault.

"Hmm-mm-mm... I've been looking all OVER for you." Came a smooth, female voice. Luigi and the remaining Goomba jumped as a woman with pink hair tied up in a tight bun, and blue skin appeared. It was that girl. The girl from that wedding.

And she looked like she meant business.

"YOU!" Luigi cried, taking a nervous step backwards. 

"Yeah, you're that guy who really wasn't a team player back at the wedding... You're gonna need a little disciplinary action, I think... So let's get started, hm?" She asked, taking steps closer, as Luigi continued stepping back, trying to cover up the fear in his eyes. What did she mean by that?! What was she going to do to him?!

"Oh, man... Poor Gary... All right! It's time for me to Goomba-up!" Stated the small goomba. He took a deep breath, and rushed right up to her. Luigi relaxed ever so slightly, thinking the goomba would help him escape. Maybe they could work together and get past all these guys. Idiot.

"Hey, lady!. . . . . .  Got room for one more on your team?" The goomba asked, much to Luigi's dismay. He let his mouth hand ajar as the goomba stood in from of the woman.

"What?! Hey! Wait a second! What are you DOING?!" Luigi cried, his heart beating faster and faster. "What's it look like, genius? I'm getting with the winning team!" The goomba shouted. Luigi couldn't help but be disappointed. He shook his head, eyes wide, as the goomba got settled.

"Yeah, good call. Love the enthusiasm, there. Go ahead and swear your, y'know, undying loyalty to the count, and you're on board." The woman stated. "Hey, count me in, lady! HERE WE GO, COUNT, HERE WE GO! LOVE THAT COUNT!" The goomba shouted, as Luigi continued shaking his head, clenching his fists now. Tears began to well up in the corners of his eyes, as the chances of getting out got smaller and smaller. What chances? You never had a chance. This was all pre-planned.

"You... You dirty TRAITOR!" Luigi cried, as the troops all turned their focus to him. Nastasia stood in from of them, arms neatly folded in front of her. 

"OK, guys, new agenda? Hold this fool down so I can get his priorities on track..." She stated, her voice cool and collected. Luigi's eyes went wide as the troops all sprinted for him. "YES MA'AM" They cried, as the held him down.

He began to shake, desperately trying to escape, struggling against all their grips. They pulls and scratched at him, holding him in place as a panic filled his soul. 

What to do?! What to do?!

"Ack! Wh-Whoa! Hey! No! Mario, where are you? HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!"

He cried out for his brother's help, as Nastasia raised her classes, and activated her powers, bringing forth someone new from within. You idiot, why would you call for help? Nobody's there. Nobody would come for you.

The world all went black, as he fell into a deep pit within himself, and lost control.