chapter 1

Okaay, so this is my first story, I'm still trying to figure this site out so it may seem like short chapters maybe. Comment, vote, and enjoy :)

_________________________________________________________________________

Nothing moved, nothing made a sound... It was a full moon, the soft grey clouds passing over it making shadows. Tonight, something was going to happen, I could feel it, it felt as if my blood was bubbling inside of me. Suddenly the wind picked up, I could hear flapping, and crunching of branches in the woods that are surrounding me.

"Who's there?!" I yelled as a beautiful young msterious, man started to approache me from the woods.

Chapter 1

I have always had these weird dreams ever since I turned sixteen... but none as weird as last nights.

Dreaming about someone coming out from the woods, saying my name, "Calista, I've been waiting so long for this night." I wasn't able to reconize this young, beautiful man that was approaching me from the dark woods. One thing I did reconize were his eyes, they were a midnight blue, mystical looking. They were identical to mine. Befor he orI could say anything else, my adoptive mother woke me up.

Since I'm living with adoptive parents I have to have a morning routine,

~Eat Fruit Loops

~Wait for my turn in the bathroom

~Get dressed

~ Comb my long dark black wavey hair

~ And finally, walk to school

Tonight around eleven thirty I turn seventeen, which means today I get to have toast for breakfast, the bathroom before the other four adoptive kids, 10$ to buy lunch, and a little extra freedom. Even today I feel different, as if there were adrenaline rushing through my veins faster than my own heart can pump the blood.

"Hey Cal! We're still on for Romano's tonight, right?" Asked my best friend Alice as the final bell rung to go home.

"Yah, Courtney and Jenna are going to meet us there." I replied back to Alice. "See ya there at eight?"

"Of course~ Wouldn't miss it for the world!" Alice said as she hopped down the last few steps with her brown curls bouncing, then walking in the opposite direction.

While I worked on making my usual wild wavey hair straight, I was on the computer sending an email to my friend that I met while at the last family I was with. Almost every year it seems as if I have a new family... There's omething about me they don't care much for, it could be that I'm not like most teenaged girls who focuse mainly on boys, makeup and shopping. I prefer to focuse on my studies, all my classes I've got a 95% or higher.

As I was walking down the stairs to tell my 'family', that I was leaving, I shoved a fifty dollar bill in my pocket. As always they told me my curfew, since it's my birthday they extended it until eleven. If I'm not back by then, then I'll probably never be allowed out of the house besides to go to school for the rest of the year. I'm quite sure I enjoyed my last family more, they were more layed back and easy going.

When we all sat down inside Romano's, I allowed the three girls to decide upon our meal, due to the fact that they all have eaten here besides me.

We ate some delicious galic bread and an amazing three cheese pizza. We talked about a projet that's due in history next week, and a dream that Courtney dreampt of the night before last. That's when I remembered my dream. I didn't feel like talking about it, so I neve mentioned it, and just continued on with everything. By the time we ere done it was 10:50pm and I had to leave.

Alice offered to drive me home, but I knew a shortcut through the woods that would be a lot quicker, plus I didn't want her going out ofher way.

I said my goodbyes as I scurried off into the dark woods, and that's when everything that's going on seemed like it already has happened... Nothing but silence. Suddenly the wind picked up, and oh no, that flapping sound began and the branches behind me were breaking. I was frightened to turn around and see what may be behind me.