Discussing the Truth - Bri

Everyone one was chattering, but me. I sat on the short sofa alone reading a book. I was in a zone and I couldn't take my eye off it. Then suddenly my ears piped up when I heard Holly meowing on my lap. "What." I said in a stubborn voice. She rolls her eyes. "We all know that isn't your power. Really? Giant panda?" My eyes look left to right. She's absolutely right. I was lying. But only because I had to. I already knew my power before this all happened. And I've used it times before. But I knew if I actually said the truth, they would know I've used it on them before. I knew I had to confess, but I was speechless instead. "Ok, fine. It's not." I said in a quiet voice. "I knew it. Well? What is it?!" I but my lip and carried her to the kitchen. The others were still chattering about what happened and discussed how this would all work. I knew they were paying no attention to Holly and I. "It's..." I paused in silence. She stares up at me, her shimmering green eyes widening. "Polarity." I shut my eyes and cover my mouth quickly. She glared at me with that face. The one that tells me "Dude. I'm not a scientist. Please speak English." So I did. Well, kinda. I shot out my hand at Piper. I closed my eyes tightly and directed my hand at Piper's which was holding a potato chip. Then, right in front of everyone, she threw the potato chip at Mae. Everyone was silent in there, and so was Holly. Mae had closed her eyes before when the chip was shot at her, and when she opened them, her mouth exploded. "FOOD FIGHT!!!!!" She yelled and grabbed a bowl of popcorn and shot some at the others like a cannon. "What." Holly asked in confusion. "You control people?!?!?" I whipped my hand in front of her mouth. "Don't tell them. I will." I sucked up all the air my body could take and walked into the living room. "Guys..." Charlotte then threw a popcorn piece at me. "Oops."