twelve. the beginning of the end

Rexha raised the netherite sword over her head, her eyes showed little remorse for the crime that she was willing to commit. A scornful look crept it's way to her face, her lips twitching into a mocking smile. "You listen to me, and you listen well; I belong to no one and I'm not in your fucking debt." Her voice had a venomous tone to it.

"You may have brought me back into this world, and I may have been the reason for Krios and Exousia's allegiance, but they're long gone. Every bit of those kingdoms, reduced to ashes. Killing her was a grave mistake, Schlatt."

Schlatt glared deep into those mocking whirlpools of crimson red. "If I die, this country goes down with me."

Rexha laughed at his pitiful state and found the same amusement he had earlier, "Then to hell with it! This isn't even my country. You're not my president, you never were. Why should I submit to a lowly tyrant such as yourself?"

Her eyes, those daunting crimson eyes of hers will be the last thing he'd see. Rexha would make sure of that.

Without sparing another second, she brought the sword downwards and plunged it deep through his chest, bringing him to his demise. Niki clasped a hand over her mouth as a few people like Fundy and Quackity looked away in discomfort at the morbid scene.

The reign of terror was finally over.

L'manberg was theirs for the taking now that Schlatt had taken his final breath.

Rexha's gaze fell down at the blood that painted him beautifully like a rose garden. She brought her head right next to his, just right about his ear and whispered. "I'll see you in hell."

"Schlatt's gone." Tommy let out a relieved sigh. His discomfort towards the blood canvas had subsided into a hopeful shed of light.

"He's dead! She did it. Sadie.. you did it."

It was suddenly replaced by a solemn look right after realization sunk deep in his skin and bones. Tommy and everyone else in the room watched the woman easily regain back composure like she hadn't ever committed a crime.

They had the same exact thoughts etched in their heads. Rexha didn't deny the fact that was indeed Sadie; Sadie Heroux, their family, their beloved, was standing right in front of them completely alive.

"You're supposed to be dead." Dream was the first to break the silence from the tension that was building in the atmosphere. "You can't be her, you're not her."

He refused to believe that this was the same girl. Sadie was a kind person, too kind for her own good. She could never even hurt a fly even if she needed to. This person lacked the same kindness that she once had.

The woman took hold of the bloodied sword, cleanly withdrawing it back before she turned to look at him.

"You know what they say, Dream. The first love never dies."

Rexha approached him with purposely slow steps that successfully intimidated him. "You can put out the flames, but never the fire."

Dream trembled, for the first time in two years he felt his heart pound against his chest from dread. Her comforting aura had dulled into an ominous one, one that reeked of malice in particular. Never had he ever thought of having Sadie, his Sadie, instill him fear and at that instant, he became afraid of her.

"You know, I could take your life right here and now just like how I did with Schlatt." She began in a calm demeanor. "But I won't do that, not just yet. Where would be the fun in that?"

"You'll kill me?" Dream stupidly found himself questioning her motives.

Laughter crossed her breath for a second before she raised the sword she used against Schlatt, placing it against his throat. "Why do you sound like you didn't kill me in the first place?"

"It wasit was an accident, Sadie!" Dream gulped thickly. "The arrow I shot wasn't meant for you, it was meant to hit Tommy. I could never kill you."

Rexha glanced over at Tommy who paled at Dream's statment. She scoffed, "I may not exactly remember him and everyone else, but I know that he meant the world to Sadie. To my old self."

Dream knew she was right. Tommy and his brothers were important to Sadie. They meant everything to her that she chose them over him. Her choice made him envious of them, as much as he despised admitting it.

"I'm giving you the chance to run." Rexha began, narrowing her eyes at him. Her lips sadistically smiled. "I won't kill you just yet, Dream. I've just started a new board for us to play."

Dream swallowed thickly. He needed to accept it, whether he liked it or not. He recalled the night of Sadie's death. That was the day he made his choice just as she had made hers at the same time.

It was time to let go, or so he thought with a smile inevitably growing behind his mask.

︵ . . 𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗥'𝗦 𝗡𝗢𝗧𝗘𝗦 ❜

short chapter lol i got exhausted making this one too detailed.