𝒙𝒊. insecurities, insecurities

Start from the beginning

       All she wanted was a damn jacket, and that was only jeopardized by her own mistake of not thinking of grabbing one before leaving. Surely, the doors weren't locked yet therefor she could easily waltz in and grab one from the closet a mere metre away from the door but her pride and the fact that she was as stubborn as a bull prevented her from doing so. She ran off in a huff so it truly would be embarrassing to come crawling back a mere thirty seconds after such an outburst.

       Evie Perez looked like a hot mess, her mascara dripping on her face, staining her soft flushed cheeks as the glue of her eyelash extensions loosened up resulting in a few of her lashes to fly away with the wind that was hitting her face. Goosebumps were appearing on her skin as she hugged her petite frame, attempting to warm herself up as she started to walk towards George Wright's home, attempting to reduce the time of the drive so she could find comfort in the heat of his car as soon as she possibly could.

       If the brunette could have stayed inside the warmth of her own home, she would have told you that 10 minutes was not a long wait whatsoever but with the wind hitting her the face, all alone, in the wee dark hours of the morning, wearing clothing she would never have worn outside, out of her comfort zone, those dozen minutes felt like an eternity before a distinct car slowly pulled up next to the sidewalk, blinker pointing right, the windows tinted as legally as possible with booming rap music resonating through the car doors.

       Without even having to look at the driver, Evie was quick to pull on the handle, opening the Civic door, revealing a certain Wright boy comfortably sitting in the driver's seat. The familiarity of the red car and the explicit song he was playing was an automatic sign and enough confirmation for the girl to hop in, not looking back at the bright city lights staring right back at her. Her knight and shining armour had finally arrived to rescue her from this treacherous night in order to take her mind of the mentally exhausting, toxic familial antics that was happening between the two Perez women.

       An open, semi-drunken bottle of Jack Daniel's sat in George's calloused hand as he turned towards the saddened girl, his eyes glimmering as he watched her sit down on the cloth passenger's seat. The tall boy handed the bottle to Evie, the girl swiftly taking a few well-needed swigs of the brown liquor as the taste burned her throat like it was caustic.

After the horrid night that had just occurred, between the potential scaring off of Cassie Wayward, the girl she had grown to like in a matter of weeks and the havoc that had been wrecked on her relationship with her Roman Catholic mother, she truly needed a quick way to forget as soon as she possibly could. Though the stronger, sweeter taste of Whiskey was not her typical drink of choice, the girl being proud of her preference for the more basic taste of Smirnoff vodka, the bottle that she held was a cowardly cop-out to not think about the shit-show her life was about to become. The pure liquor was a great way to switch off the part of her brain that would finally partake in the art of overthinking, something she genuinely never did.

" Wow Eves, I've never seen this part of you before ". George spoke up, his words slightly slurring as he broke the silence between the two teenagers. He referenced her runny makeup and the dispirited look plastered on her pale face, her usual olive complexion being replaced with a farer look due to the cold weather.

Evie decided to ignore George's insensitive words as it was not irregular for them to lovingly insult each other. Instead, the girl chose to question him on his status of intoxication. " Geo, I don't even think you should be talking, never mind driving ? I'm sure the cops would love to see you like this. " She eyed him up and down before continuing, giggling slightly. " Maybe I shook take the wheel... "