Chapter 3 - "You don't have to put out."

After my shot with Niall, I managed to find Abby again and lose Niall in the crowd of people. She kept asking if I were okay and then she told me to follow her outside. We sat down by the lounge area where – surprisingly – nobody else sat. Some people, mostly guys, were playing football in the garden but that was about it. So it was nice being outdoors instead of inside with the pounding music and dancing people.

"How come you've never been with us before?" Abby asked, turning to me. "You know, hanging out or gone to a party."

"This stuff doesn't interest me, to be honest. Drinking, dancing and feeling sick the day after."

"I only enjoy parties in the summer and I know how weird it sounds. But everything is better in the summer. Have you ever been to a party in the middle of January and it's really cold so everyone has to be inside?"

I shook my head.

"Not to be recommended." She said with a laugh. "Summer parties are the best ones. So you definitely joined us at the right time."

"It's May."

Abby laughed again.

"But this is only getting started. That's actually how I got involved."

"Involved?"

"As in with Franklin, Niall and Jake. I was just like you before, sitting home and not doing anything in particular with my life. Then one day, just the beginning of June, my brother asked me to tag along to a party and... here I am."

"So what do you do when you're not... here?"

"I'm a student at The Arden."

"The Arden?" I asked, feeling dumb for not knowing.

"The Arden School of Theatre." She explained. "It's part of the Performing Arts department at The Manchester College."

"So, like, drama and acting?"

She nodded.

"I've been telling Niall to apply next term, but he says that his school days are over."

"Niall likes acting?"

"God no!" She laughed. "He lives and breathes for music. One of his best mates is in my class though. Have you applied for any universities?"

"I've applied for UAL, you know, University of the Arts London."

"Major?"

"Fashion. And Birmingham University offers a similar course."

"Cool, at least you have two school's you've applied to. Which one would you prefer attending?"

"The one in London."

"Then I hope you get in." She smiled. "A bit far away though, don't you think?"

"I don't really get homesick so it's alright. And one of my closest friends has applied for the same school."

As Abby raised her cup to drink, I saw a glimpse of her wrist. She had similar scars as I had on my own arms, only that hers had faded and some of mine were still fresh.

A while later our brothers came out of the house, along with Niall.

"You girls up for some football?" Jake asked, looking at us.

"I can't speak for Olivia, but I'm not up for it."

"Me neither." I told them.

"Promise to kiss away the pain if I get injured?" Niall said, leaning down to Abby with puckered lips.