3

(I listened to this on loop to get the feelings right for this part, I suggest listening to it as well)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They all sat in the dinning table just in awkward silence. Clay stood up "Want anything to drink mother?" He asked her as she smiled and nodded "Just water dear" He nodded and quickly walked off to the kitchen.

Their mother smiled disappeared as she turned her attention to Lilith "So honey why was I called here?"

"Ah well, it's about school" She looked down playing with her fingers pulling at her nails

Clay walked back in and placed a glass of ice water in front of his mother and a can of cold monster next to his sister "Mom, we need you to be opened about this okay? Think of her mental state when she tells you"

She only nodded being already slightly disappointed. Lilith looked back up not making eye contact "I..I dropped out. I couldn't handle the stress of overworking myself anymore. My sleep schedule is messed up the fact I basically have two jobs just to pay for myself." Lilith would've went on and on how school was messing her up how much stress is was causing her and how she couldn't always deal with it 

Their mother was of course upset and took it out on her blaming Clay in the process "Don't follow in your brother footsteps get a real job Lilith! Stay in school have a better education!"

Lilith looked back down ready to cry when Clay burst our laughing "A real job? Mother, how do you think I get paid? How you think I'm able to get and keep this house. Mom this is what I do for a living and I enjoy doing it, so does Lilith. She enjoys making people happy with her content and she already befriended my friends. Pushing her to do what YOU want her to do is only going to make her cut you out of her life"

Clay wasn't wrong. Lilith agreed to take an online course for her mother just to please her. She was forced to take an English course knowing she hated that subject in school, it was Lilith's worse subject in her opinion. When her mother begged her take a course so she didn't have to say her kids were "Lazy playing games all day" when Lilith finally caved in to her mothers wishes, Lilith felt like she was finally doing something to make her mother proud but...now she's not sure anymore. Lilith flinched when Clay slammed his hands on the table "MOTHER JUST BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T GET TO DO THINGS YOU WANTED DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN FORCE IT ON YOUR CHILDREN" 

Lilith grabbed the bottom of his shirt and mumbled "stop.."

Their mother stood up and said those words. Those words Clay nor Lilith wanted to hear from someone they thought they could trust. "You are no longer my kids" Clays face went blank and numb, Lilith felt bad she regretted ever dropping out ever wanting to say anything to her. 

Why did she want to drop out again?

Why did she make her mother angry?

Through tears Lilith managed to look up at her mother and smiled "If it means I can finally be free to do whatever I want then.." She took a long deep breath in then out "Then I no longer have a mother"

That look, that look of regret hit their mom. It finally sunk in that she just lost her two kids that were always there for her, she lost them over a stupid argument about school. Something so stupid, something that made one of her own children hate it. She can't take back what she said but she knew, if she ever wanted to be forgiven she'll need to give them time and space, so much space for them to even begin to forgive her and her words. With that she grabbed her things and headed towards the door taking a quick look back at the two now hugging each other. Clay still emotionless hugging his twin sister who couldn't stop herself from crying. She opened the door and closed it behind her and left.

After their mother left they just stood in the same place, Clay comforting his sister hearing her quiet muffled sobs finally broke him. They both slid down to the floor and cried, they cried till they felt their eyes burn. It was only a few minutes but they never talked about their mother words, it brought them too much pain. Clay got up and went to get them both cold glasses of water, she handed one to Lilith and tried to smile. Lilith face looked numb, looked emotionless. Like she could no longer feel anything. She took a long sip of her water eventually chugging the whole thing and cleared her throat. Clay did the same, he helped her up off the floor and they both went their separate ways to their rooms and quietly watched their comfort shows and movies by themselves.

Lilith felt her phone ring, she didn't want to look at it but had to. She looked down and saw the caller ID "Sapnap?" She said to herself before lowering her laptop and answering his call "Hello..." She said softly. 

Sapnap pov:

She answered and spoke softly "Hello..." Wait she sounds sad? Is she okay? "Lilith is everything okay? Did I call at a bad time?" I asked her nervous about her answer. I just wanted her to be happy to not be sad, it hurts hearing her upset. "Mhm...Just some shit went down and.." 

"Lilith" I cut her off "You don't have to talk about it. We can talk about literally anything else if you like" She hummed in response. Great, I'll happily get her mind off whatever eating at her "Do you think mermaids are real"

"What?" I caught her off guard. I laughed a bit "Yeah do you think they could be real, like I don't know life on other planet" 

Lilith giggled at my stupid question, hey least I got her to laugh. Score for me, I smiled to myself and listen to her go on about the deep sea. She seemed really into it, maybe she had a thing for the ocean. "Mermaids could be real we haven't really been way deep deep down in the ocean before. For all we know leviathan's could be real. Ah Im sorry"

I chuckled "Its alright, its cute hearing you talk about something so passionate about" 

"I may hate the ocean but I love learning theories on it. Oh Nick, Clay told me you were moving in next week are you excited to finally meet that ugly ass bitch?" She laughed almost close to a wheeze

"Yeah I'm excited to see you too Lilith" There was a short silence. Oh god did I make things awkward? I hope not...then I heard her cute giggle again "Yeah, I am too Sappy"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Words: 1165

Wow, makes me want to kick the mother LMAO. IGHT LETS GOOOO SLOWLY FIXING EVERYTHING