Act I

"You are searching for your purpose. Only when you find what you are looking for, will your life lie in front of you."
As I prepare myself for a jump Fortune sayer's words jump in my mind. Purpose, I thought I had one. My purpose is to entertain people. Or at least I thought so. It looks it isn't.

Taking a deep breath I try to find green eyes in the darkness ahead of me. Luce's supposed to be on the other side this tightrope.

My head spins to the voices of audience, Lords and their Ladies, soldiers, workers in banks, shops and museums. People wanted to be entertained, and I gave them that. My purpose.

As my eyes travel from waves of materials, colours, unknown and incoherent faces I catch myself darting to the sand earth below me. The fall would be so painful. My body would tremble, I would probably broke a bone or two, and I could never do what I do now.
Stop. The same voice from seconds ago is now planting wisdom seeds.

I focus on the line in front of me and before I do what I did seconds ago I stand. Slight wind this high hugs my sweaty face and the nape of my neck and I feel it down my hands. It leaves my skin in goosebumps and to shake of nervousness I lift my hands high taking a pose and jump.

Screams ring in my ears but I don't care. My feet touch a wire and I balance myself three metres from the ground. Suprise and yells of approval fill the air and I smile.

This time in darkness I connect with jade green eyes and smile once again. Before coming to them completely I jump once again my body carried by inercion and I catch the wire with my hands. Swinging around it let the wire turn in the air, while my heart tremble. Please don't let me fall.

Hands connect with mine and I no longer hold the wire but flesh and skin. As I let go once again I see white particles flying in the air and Luce shows from the shadows. He catches me again and crowd yells. But that is not everything. As I feel Luce's hands swing I'm in the air once again and I'm balancing a split in the air before I land in the darkness.

This time blue eyes are connected with mine. When light sparks to life Att and I are holding in the air and people cheer. I wait for a couple of seconds and then I'm falling, like a ball before I split once again, on the ground this time, and Luce and Att land behind me, their tup's vibrating throught the ground.

I jump, turn and freeze in the midair held by their hands.

Then, as my eyes search crowd once more, and they are mass of people clapping and yelling I ask myself once more.
Purpose? This must be it.

I'm on the ground and we bow, before Gale jumps on the stage closing things off.

"You were good Rav," Luce says as I unwrap my hands.
"You weren't to bad too," I answer as I hear laugh to the left and Att shakes his head.
"Good, and to bad, huh? I wonder what your love language in bed is."
"Don't even go there Att," I try but Luce cuts me.
"You don't want to know, trust me."

I roll my eyes as Att laughs again and go to our water and equipment placement.
"Come one Ravenna, don't leave me on the thread," Atticus catches my hand and I search his blue eyes, and all I'm seeing is electricall pull to mischief.
"Come closer," I whisper, and his eyes sparkle even more, "it's consists a lot of oh yeah, come one, and.."
"You are horrible, I swear," he tries to step back but this time I catch his arm and add one last word. "Harder."
"Oh my sweet mother of God's let me die." He shakes of my embrace and turn to leave, but Ime doesn't leave this easily.
"We will try to be quite but we don't know how things will go."

I shake my head as smile plays on my lips from the words.
"You will kill him Ime," I add as I pour myself a glass of water.
"He will kill himself from the thing that doesn't concern him," Luce says coming to hug me from behind, "but on the other side," his words trail off as his lips connect to skin at the base of my neck.