Chapter 1

All I heard were sirens and footsteps running towards me, and someone shouting "She's alive!" What did the person mean, I'm alive? What happened? Of course, how silly of me, you don't know, I haven't told you what happened, well I'll tell you now. 

Me and my mum always loved each other, that was until my dad died and she met her new boyfriend Jamie. I hated him, he never let my mum tell me anything, I was never allowed to do anything with my friends. I knew one day I was gonna lose it, and scream at him to leave me alone, I would jump out my window and run away. I swear that guy was gonna be the death of me. Why did he hate me? I don't know is the simple answer.

The only reason I hated him was because of the way he treated me. He always came stumbling into the house late at night and my mum would run up to her room, lock the door and wait for him to calm down. But one day he didn't calm down, he stormed up the stairs, tried to get into my mum's room, but when he found out it was locked and yelled and I screamed which caused him to come storming into my room, grabbed me by the collar of the shirt that I was wearing that day, Pinned me against a wall and started hitting me. It was about 21:00 and Jamie was not drunk, he was just really angry at something. He stopped punching me and went down the stairs and slammed the living room door. I was expecting my mum to come in right then but I then had a feeling, that she fell asleep on the floor crying.

I crawled over to my phone (That was on my floor, beside my bed) and called the first person I thought would really listen and care, I called Lucas. I waited until I could actually see my phone screen, and scrolled down until I came to the 'L' section of my contacts and tapped on Lucas's picture and held the phone to my ear, one ring, two rings, three rings "Hello?" a soft voices answers,

"Lucas, please, I-I need you right now, can you please come over?"

"Andi, I'll be right over."

"Oh, don't come in through the front door."

"W-what, why?" Lucas asks, really confused, I haven't told him about Jamie yet,

"I'll tell you when you get here, just sneak round the back of the house, throw a small stone at my window, climb the ladder and knock and I'll open the window for you to come in, okay?" I tell him

"Okay, I'm on my way now, I'm literally like, two minutes away already!"

"Thank you!" I said, I felt a tear run down my cheek.

A couple of minutes later, I hear both a stone being thrown against my window and footsteps stomping up the stairs, I ran for my door trying to close it, but I wasn't fast enough, Jamie came stomping in and he shoved me against the wall and grabbed my phone out of my hand, "Who the hell were you talking to on the phone?!" He shouted at me

"No one!" I lied

I looked over to my window and seen thick dark brown hair rising from below, and then I was met by bright blue eyes that instantly widened. Jamie wasn’t calming down, he threw my phone across my room and it hit the wall, he then punched my jaw and stomped out, slamming the door as he left, once he was out I ran to see what had happened to my phone. I ran to the window and let Lucas in, as soon as he was standing on both his feet inside my room, I burst out crying and ran into Lucas's arm, and just cried into his chest. He started to stroke my black, waist length hair and whispered "Andi, please don't cry, it's okay" Lucas put one hand around my waist and his other around the back of my knees and lifted me up. He carried me all the way over to my bed and sat down, with me still on his lap. "Andi, please stop crying and look at me," Lucas begged.

I slowly lifted my head, and Lucas puts his hands up to wipe my tears away. I flinch as his hand touches my jaw "Are you okay?" He asked, I just shake my head "Do you want me to call my mum to come and get us, but just to wait outside?" again, I don't say anything, I just nod my head. Lucas pulled out his phone from his back pocket, I just stayed seated where I was and buried my head into his chest while he called his mum. He was on the phone for a couple of minutes before he hung up. "Andi, get a bag ready to stay at my house tonight, my mum will be here soon, we're going to sneaking out the window and run to my mums car. If Jamie catches us, my mum has her phone out, so if she sees Jamie coming after us she will call the cops come running out to restrain him and I run you to the car. Okay?"