|CHAPTER ONE|

It was a sunny day out, and I was ecstatic. Normally now I would be having Chinese class, but my tutor had to cancel because his sister was going into labor.

Due to the sudden change father couldn't find a suitable replacement for me and after a long debate told me that if I wished, I could hang out with my friends. Of course I agreed, it's not often father lets me make a choice, and now i'm going to Marinette's for the afternoon.

School passed by quickly and soon we arrived. I got out of the car and waved goodbye to the Gorilla before heading in.

Marinette's room was the same as the last time I had been here. Clean yet lived in. Walking into her room my three friends were there already.

"We're playing video games if that's OK with you?" Alya said motioning to the game on pause.

"Cool" I grabbed a controller and sat down with Nino and Marinette on either side of me. "Lets play this game" Nino said and hit the start button.

After a while of playing games we decided to take a break from playing and chat.

"Guys I need to tell you something."

We stopped talking to look at Marinette.

"You see...I-I am ummm, am..."

She took a deep breath and looked at us. "How about I just show you."

She uttered something under her breath that sounded familiar. A flash shined throughout the room and I closed my eyes.

"Ta-da" she said

I peeked one of my eyes open and I froze, Marinette no, Ladybug was standing there. Marinette was Ladybug, Ladybug is Marinette.

Suddenly everything is quiet.

She never told Cat Noir, why am I here, I shouldn't be here.

Sure we're friends but I'm not a close friend right? Why am I even here? Why did she tell me? I need to get out of here.

"Hey man, you OK?" Nino grasped my shoulder

"Uh yeah, just surprised is all. But why should I be, Marinette is already a hero when she isn't Ladybug right?"

Marinette got red in the face. "Th-thank you Adrien." she stuttered out.

"Girl Adrien is right, if anyone had to be Ladybug you're the best candidate." Alya laughed

"Yeah well I just wanted to let you guys know, I trust you guys and ranting to Tikki about the pressure is taking a load on her."

Does she trust Cat Noir? Why has she never told me but them then? She can rant about the pressure to me. After all, who else would know better than Cat Noir?

I need to get out of here. I stood up "I-uh need to go, Gorilla expects me downstairs, congrats Marinette."

I ran down the stairs, texting Gorilla that I was ready to go. Plagg pressed up against my chest purring. I walked out of the building and Gorilla unlocked the door, getting in the car I buckled up and rested my head on the window. The car started and we drove away.

When we got back to the mansion I rushed in barely listening to Natalie before closing my door. Turning around I went over to my bed and flopped down. Plagg flew out from beneath my shirt.

"Are you OK Adrien?" I sniffed, letting the tears stream down my face.

"No, no I'm not OK at all." I cried "I thought she trusted me." tears ran down my face and Plagg laid on my chest.

"You are patrolling tonight right?" Plagg asked "Yeah" why does he want to know?

"Well maybe she's going to tell you then?"

I sniffed and wiped my eyes "Your right, she just told her friends first since they were already there. She's going to tell me tonight."

I sat up on my bed wiping away the tears. "Thanks Plagg." I hugged him carefully. "Let's go do my homework." I walked over to my bag and pulled out my schoolwork.

Plagg's P.O.V

I dropped my cheese. She said she was Ladybug, no, showed she was ladybug. What was she doing, and in front of Adrien.

could feel Adrien panicking. Moving to his chest I started purring, this always helped calm down past holders. His erratic heartbeat started matching with mine, though he was still in a panic. I took a peek out of his shirt since the attention was elsewhere.

Tikki poked her head out of the bag. Mouthing "later" I glared at Marinette for a moment and then indeed at her "OK" I mouthed back to her then diving back in the shirt to focus on calming him down. I hear someone trying to get Adrien's attention.

The kid snapped out of his stupor. "Uhh yeah, just surprised is all, but why should I be? Marinette is already a hero when isn't ladybug right?" They said something about how it's true. We need to get out of here, lucky the kid already thought of that

"I-uh, need to go, Gorilla expects me downstairs, congrats marinette." We exited the room and the kid practically ran downstairs. I focused on my purring, it's the least I can do.

The kid got in the car and buckled up, he laid his head on the window trying to hold in his tears.

The drive back was in silence.

As soon as we arrived back he rushed upstairs as Natalie was telling him his schedule, he ignored her for the most part.

The kid broke down crying when we reached his room. But I reassured him that it was not the case, hopefully it wasn't of course. But I didn't tell him that.

As I went over to help him with his homework I couldn't help but think that this is going to end badly.