Gerathon Has Some Fun

Raisha was tired.

Tired of being ambushed now and then, of Gerathon randomly deciding to speak to her through the mind, of feeling guilty for every terrible thing she'd done, and of feeling tired and sleepless all the time.

But her stalkers clearly didn't get her frustration. They just kept coming, in waves big and small. This one of about twenty of them was the biggest yet.

Gerathon understood as much of her summoner's frustration as one of these "assassins".

Stupids. 

Gerathon's voice dripped with venom and almost a desire to attack. She wanted to flex her body, swish and slither and sting and bite and strangle her opponents. Every bit of her body screamed "Hey guys! Nice to meet you! DIE!". 

None of them wear masks. Stupidity.

Raisha twisted to avoid a blade and then hold her assailant's arm and twirl around another knife jab. The two guys clashed into one another.

Masks are important to protecting your identity, and your face.

She was, once again, troubled with the sheer youth she was being forced to fight. Also with the fact that Gerathon was speaking in her mind non-stop. 

Most of them were her age or around it, and no one seemed to be experienced enough in fights. Just seeing their innocent faces made her pull her punches. But after feeling the crushing pain of a club ram into her shoulder, she changed her mind.

Gerathon hissed, a loud and clear warning to stay clear. When the assassins didn't seem to catch the message, she leapt off her summoner's shoulder to tell them what it meant in the other language she knew: fangs and poison.

Raisha was holding her own against multiple sword and dagger and other sharp weapons wielding opponents. She wasn't trying to kill anyone. They were kids, after all. The foes, though, did not seem to share the sentiment. Gerathon, some feet away from her, didn't share it either. 

She picked up a cavalry sword. The guy who dropped it didn't seem to mind. He was already knocked out.

A guy with a hammer tried to smash her head in, but she twisted around and thrust her sword into his back. He fell onto the wet soil, face first. That meant that Raisha's attempt, at preventing any death, was already buried. 

It also meant that her sword was lost.

She flicked out the dagger she had in her cloak. The lack of range would be a downgrade, but daggers were dangerous in their own right. Plus, she loved this specific dagger's handle. She wasn't sure of the material, but it didn't become slippery when her hands got sweaty. That was a major plus in battles like these.

Raisha realized that there were two reasons for why she was winning. One, she was trained and Gerathon's adrenaline rush helped massively. Two, the attackers themselves weren't that trained and they weren't any qualified to fight Great Beasts.

The second point was the one that troubled her. There was no way whatever that was trying to kill her was sending kids to fight her. Something told her that her luck wasn't gonna hold for long.

Gerathon was completely killing it, not solely figuratively, and not quite away from her. The serpent twisted and whipped and hissed. She whirled and darted around the legs of a guy to whip up and sank her fangs in her thighs of another.

Raisha felt her snake climb up her shoulder to climb onto another person, who ran, shocked to find a snake on his shoulder, shaking himself wildly and crashing into two other people.