Serianna

New story

Heres the first chapter: 

Serianna sat at the roughly carved wooden table, her clothes tattered and ragged. It had been a long time since she had decent provisions, and it was shown in her hollow cheeks and knotted hair. She hadn't slept in days. A breeze wafted through the drafty shack, causing the single candle to flicker. Mesmerized by the light, Serianna stared into to it. Suddenly, she was yanked back into her past. She sat at a table; but this one was smooth mahogany. Her reflection showed her hair smooth and plaited, her face clean and young. A similar candle shone on the table, illuminating the book before her; a romance, cliché as them all. She was reaching an end to the current chapter, when a small noise reached her ears. Glancing up, she scanned around the room, but nothing appeared out of order.

"Stop worrying, you're all alone," She told herself.

"You're not alone tonight, girlie," A gruff voice said in her ear and a rough hand clamped onto her shoulder. She spun to face the intruder, a burly man with dark eyes and a bearded face. She opened her mouth to scream but the scream never left her throat. His hand had clamped over her face. Serianna struggled, but the man's grip was too strong. The little oxygen she had in her lungs was disappearing, fast. The man chuckled as her attempts at freedom got weaker and feebler every second. His malicious eyes were the last thing she saw before she blacked out.

Gasping, Serianna forced herself back to the present, refusing to think of the man that had put her in this position. She was on the run, never safe; because he was coming to find her. Serianna shook her head to clear it, and carried the candle over to her makeshift bed: a single, shredded wool blanket on the hard dirt ground. It wasn't much, but it was better than nothing. She wrapped herself in the blanket, blowing the candle out. Her thoughts wandered as she drifted into sleep.

A dream started. Serianna was in a deep mist, unable to see past her own feet. Her nightgown swirled around her in the soft breeze, the ground was cold against her bare feet. She walked forward, hands reaching out for anything solid in this world of vapor. She walked forward and saw the moon dimly shining through the fog. Serianna headed toward it, desperate for anything but this silent prison of murkiness. A few moments later, she stepped out into a clearing filled with the silver light of the moon and stars. Eyes adjusting to the light, Serianna looked around her. She was in the middle of the woods, surrounded by ghostlike trees that cast eerie shadows across the sparse grass. A strong wind blew toward her, causing her hair to ruffle in the wind. She shivered and crossed her arms, trying to keep herself warm. Serianna walked forward towards a vague shape in the distance. The frosty grass crackled underneath her bare feet.

"Hello?" She called as the shape transformed into a small cabin. Her feet found the edge of a path, and she followed it to the door. A light flickered on and a face appeared in the window. Serianna gasped. It was the face of her captor.

~AUTHORS NOTE~

I'm not quite sure where I'm going with this, I'm just writing what comes to me. If you like, please "Vote" it! :3