A ray of fucking sunshine

Ha! You thought this was a chapter!

...

Jk it is🙃

Enjoy!

"Katsuki." I look up at Shouta from the good luck text from Dabi on my phone.

"Yeah?" I reply.

"You asked me to keep you updated on the Todorokis." I straighten expectantly. "There wasn't much I could do to the number 2 hero, especially with the commission backing him," I slump in disappointment. "But," I perk back up. "I managed to get his kids away from him. He's not allowed within ten feet of them unless they allow it, and their mother is out of the hospital to look after them. They're now all living in a house Endeavour paid for but isn't allowed into."

I snicker. "Serves that fucker right."

"Language," Hizashi grumbles as he stumbles into the room half asleep.

I stare him straight in the eyes and say, "fuck." He sighs but gives up knowing he can't stop me. I smirk in triumph.

"You ready for today?" Shouta asks as he brings breakfast to the table. I grunt in reply as I dig in.

"Oh yeah! The entrance exam is today!" Hizashi yells perking up. "You're gonna nail it!" he continues turning to me.

"Hell yeah I am," I reply grinning. He ruffles my hair with a smile before turning to his own breakfast. I finish quickly before running upstairs to shower and change into my training outfit.

"You ready to go?" shouta asks as I come back downstairs.

"Uh-huh."

The drive is quick, and we split up once we arrive at UA me to do the written test and Hizashi and Shouta to do teacher stuff or something. I'm the first in the test room since Shouta and Hizashi had to get here a little early, so I pull out my headphones and phone to listen to music as I wait. I stay like that until everyone has arrived and the test is in front of me.

The test was harder than I expected, but I'd be surprised if I didn't do well on it. I follow the crowd out of the building to where Hizashi is going to explain the physical exam. I take a deep breath and sit down. I hate being surrounded by so many people, normally I can handle it but this place is packed and when someone takes the seat next to me they'll be inches away from brushing shoulders. I shudder before stiffening when someone sits next to me. My head snaps around to look and my eyes meet red eyes nervously looking back.

"S.. sorry man! Is this seat taken?" the boy who I'm sure is Eijirou Kirishima with black hair asks.

"No," I grumble turning away looking completely calm while on the inside I panic. It's Eijirou Kirishima, who's not only a ray of fucking sunshine but also my favourite character in my last life.

"Oh, thanks!" I take a peek and see his bright smile. I wanna ruffle his hair... Nope! Don't be creepy! I hold back a groan and turn to glare ahead as Hizashi comes on stage to explain the test. I can hear Zuku muttering somewhere in the crowd and roll my eyes. I'm trying to imagine how I'd incorporate my explosins with a cartwheel when someone stands with their hand raised and calls, "May I ask a question?" That's... Iida, I think? Whatever.

"Okay!" Hizashi yells back.

"On the printout, there are four types of villains, Not three! If that is a misprint, then UA, the most prominent school in Japan, should be ashamed. We examinees are here in this place because we wish to be molded into exemplary heroes." He then spins around and points straight at Zuku who freezes. "Also, you over there with the curly hair! You've been muttering this whole time. It's distracting!" He opens his mouth to continue but before he can I scoff. Loudly. Everyone turns to me.

Not even looking at any of them I talk. "If you want to talk about distracting you're the one who stood to ask a question about the exam the cockatoo," I ignore Hizashis offended squawk, "hadn't finished explaining yet. Also, if some muttering distracts you, are you really cut out to be a hero?" I finish turning to him on the last remark. He's frozen, gaping at me. I smirk and turn back to the front. "Continue."

"R.. right!" Hizashi then goes on to explain the rest of the exam and I ignore all the eyes on me as I go back to my cartwheel theory, Could I make myself go faster? Or I could literally do a cartwheel without touching the ground. Once hizashis finished explaining I stand to leave but Kirishima quickly talks before I can.

"That was really manly! Standing up for that guy!" I turn to see him smiling brightly at me.

"... thanks red," I mutter before walking away leaving a confused Kirishima behind.

&&&

I watch the guy go in confusion. I guess he doesn't know my name, but... why red? I feel a light blush settle on my face. It's not a bad nickname, I'm guessing he got it from my eyes even if his are red too. His eyes... they're kinda pretty... and he's so cool! Nope! I cannot get a crush on the hot, cool guy with pretty eyes! He's way out of my league and he's probably straight! I sigh before realizing I've been standing here like an idiot and am one of the last people left.

I quickly hurry outside to find the place where I'm supposed to take my exam only to freeze when I see the hot guy from earlier with a small green haired boy hugging him... I try to ignore the disappointment. I guess I really don't have a chance at all.

&&&

"Kacchan!" Zuku calls as he and Toshi catch up to me outside. "Thanks for standing up for me!" he continues with a bright smile crashing into my side with a hug.

"Whatever. Next time do it yourself," I grumble.

"You didn't even give him a chance," Toshi snickers.

"Do you want to get fucking stabbed Princess?" I growl at him.

"You don't have a knife," he replies unaffected. I smirk. He starts looking uneasy. "You don't have a knife... right?" Zuku slowly steps away from where he was clinging to my side. My smirk widens.

"Spoilers." With that I turn and leave to get to the next exam.

I stand in front of the gate ignoring everyone around me with a feral grin. This will be fun.

I'll win this shit.