My Druthers 1 Part 53

Start from the beginning

Swallowing nervously as Rafe continued to pace in front of her, Coral took a deep breath, "I have anxiety.  It causes me to get physically sick.  I take medication for it Rafe.  Maybe the thoughts in your head could be controlled with medication too," she suggested.

Halting in his pacing Rafe stared at her, "See.  See, that's why I like to talk to you, Coralina.  You care and you understand.  Maybe.  Maybe that's what I need."

"Maybe, if you turn yourself in you could get the help you need."

"No!" the boy yelled causing Coral to jump, "That's not an option!  You'd have me go to jail?"

"No, no, no," Coral denied, shaking her head, "I was just thinking out loud, you know?  I can see now that that was a stupid thing to suggest."

Chuckling Rafe nodded, "It was stupid.  You're usually smarter than that, Coralina."

"Yeah, you know I'm kind of tired, and it's really late so I should actually get home.  Kie and Pope are waiting for me," she told him, purposely not mentioning JJ's name in case it set him off.

"I could walk you," he offered.

"No!" she exclaimed, before clearing her throat, "I mean it's late you should get home yourself, you know?  Besides Kie hasn't been feeling well and I've been around her so I wouldn't want you to get sick if I'm carrying some flu bug," she made up quickly, "But, uh, I'll see you around, Rafe," she said, forcing herself to turn her back on him and walk away.

Hitting the end of the dock, she took of running.

Reaching The Chateau, Coral bent over and threw up.

"Coral?"

Raising her head she wiped her mouth with the back of her hand, "What happened?" Kie questioned hurrying to her side.

"Rafe.  I ran into Rafe.  He's fucking psychotic," she breathed out, "Where's JJ?"

"Out looking for you," Kie told her as she steered Coral inside of the house.

"I'm sorry for running off.  He just pissed me off with the way he talks about himself," she apologized.

"I know.  I explained it to him," Kie assured her as she pushed her down onto the pull out couch and ran to get a bottle of water, "What did Rafe say?" she asked handing the water to Coral.

"Just a bunch of nonsense.  He admitted to needing help but when I suggested he turn himself in he was like two seconds from losing his shit."

"Scary."

"You're telling me," Coral responded, "Has Sarah come back yet?"

"No.  No one was here when I got here.  JJ left immediately with Pope to go look for you," Kie replied, "I'll text him and let him know you're back."

"I wonder where Sarah is.  It's kind of late," Coral commented glancing at the wall clock. 

"Maybe she decided to go home with Wheezie," Kie said as she typed a text to JJ.

"Well if she did I hope she stays clear of Rafe," Coral remarked, "God he gives me the willies just thinking about him," she said shivering, "Talk about something else."

"I don't think I like Pope the way he wants me too," Kie blurted out. 

Blinking at the odd subject change Coral hummed, "Okay, didn't you two like have sex just the other night?"

"We did," she admitted, "And it was like perfect with the moonlight and the beach and the bonfire," Kie sighed.

"But," Coral prompted.