Sidetracked(Chuuatsu)

Magsimula sa umpisa

  "Wait, wait." Chuuya placed a hand on Atsushi's shoulder but it was much more gentle, much more soft. And that wasn't just the glove. Atsushi turned slightly to look at him, nervously fidgeting with his fingers. In the red head's eyes, this woman was probably scared of him. And with what had happened it only made sense, didn't it. "I'd.. like to formally apologize on behalf of them." He mumbled. "They won't be stepping another foot in this hotel let alone the city.. so you don't gotta worry."

  "Ah.. that's a relief. Though, I don't stay at this hotel.." Atsushi gave a nervous smile.

  "Mm?" Chuuya tilted his head as he crossed his arms. He was already here, it wouldn't hurt to make conversation with a nice lady, would it? "Are ya visiting someone here, then?"

  "I uh.." it's not like Atsushi said he came here to stop this transaction from ever happening. "I was.. being followed." He played with his hair. "I didn't want them to know where I was staying so I just.. came in here. I planned to book a room for tonight then go home in the morning..."

  "That so?" Chuuya glanced around.

  Atsushi nodded. This lady still seemed so fidgety and nervous. "Yeah.. so.. I'll actually- I'm tired so.. I'll be going." He gave a nervous chuckle before beginning to walk to the lobby.

  The original plan was to have Atsushi stay for a day or two at the hotel, in case he was suspected and so he wouldn't be followed home. "If you'd like, I can walk you to your room. If it'll make you feel safer." Chuuya followed right beside him, hands in his pockets. "I gotta stay here anyways, in case one of them Americans try to sneak back in."

  "Oh.. uhm.. sure." Atsushi gave a small smile as he stepped in line for a room, as did Chuuya.

  "The names Chuuya Nakahara, by the way." The red head doubted she didn't know who he was, the Port Mafia wasn't really a secret organization that was under the radar. And yet, the woman didn't get any more nervous than she already seemed.

"Ah, it's nice to meet you." Atsushi smiled. "I'm—" quick, think of a name. Female names- you know a bunch of them. Just make one up. "—Taiko.. Yamada." He gave a nervous smile.

"Taiko Yamada, huh?" He hadn't heard of her before but then it's not like he went around memorizing the citizens. "I feel like I've seen you before.." Chuuya murmured.

Atsushi gave a nervous smile. "Er... well— the city isn't too big.. probably just- bumped into each other before." They took a step forward as the line moved up.

  "I think I would remember if I bumped into such a beautiful lady." Chuuya was faced forward as was Atsushi, but Chuuya side glanced at him with a small toothy grin. Atsushi locked eyes with him for a moment before he quickly looked away, feeling his face heat up. Was- was he flirting with him?! No way...

  Atsushi only gave a nervous giggle. Chuuya's grin disappeared with a neutral look. "..did I make ya uncomfortable? Sorry." He gave a polite bow of the head. Perhaps it was inconsiderate to compliment her when she'd been in so many scary situations with men for the day.

  "Ah.. no, I just- don't get genuine, kind compliments... very often." Atsushi shyly pushed some hair behind his ear as he averted his eyes. That face- Chuuya swore to God he'd seen it before.

  "..I'm sorry to hear that. You really are beautiful."

  Atsushi swallowed thickly, taking a small breath as Chuuya stepped up to the counter and got his room key, then stepped aside to patiently await the lady.

  "Ah- I'm very sorry, Miss." The male that stood at the counter scratched his cheek. "All of our rooms have been booked."

  Atsushi just stared for a moment, his heart dropping. "A-all of them..?" The thing was that Atsushi was fairly sure he was being followed. He couldn't go back. Despite his ability, that didn't make the thought of some man trying to get handsy with him or kidnap him or- so many other things any less unnerving. Atsushi lowered his eyes to his feet. What the hell did he do now..?