"M/n, what happened earlier?" kita asked, he sounds serious, well he always sounds like that.

"eh? what do you mean?" i asked, i shrugged as i couldn't really give him the answer he wanted if i don't know what he meant.

"m/n-san! that little guy told us you saved him from his bullies! you're so cool!" akagi exclaimed as he approached the two of us, suddenly a hand landed on my shoulder i turned around to see atsumu with a proud grin on his face.

oh.

"yall should've seen m/n's face, he was super scary and like cool, yall missed out on so much cool shit." he rambled, effectively convincing the first years and other second years with the exception of suna.

goddammit atsumu, this ass threw me under the bus, i'll have my revenge later.

"woah really?! tell us more dude!" akagi encouraged as they started to circle us.

i felt akihiro's discomfort from being circled, i squeezed his hand and smiled at him.

"alright! enough gossip! it's morning practice for a reason! get to your positions or else kita will have you all run insane amount of laps for a week."

as soon as i mentioned the punishment, everybody started scrambling and started going back to their practice, even atsumu who's previously confidently standing beside me ran. he looked stupid.

i looked to my side to see akihiro looking at the ground fumbling around with his fingers.

"hey, so what position do you play?" i asked him, my plan to break him out of his shell should work if i do it slowly and not overwhelm him.

"actually, i don't play...i wanted to join as a manager...but i do want to learn...if that's okay" he mumbled, oh i certainly did not expect that but that's nice.

"Oh that's nice, i guess i have a little helper now, huh?" i grinned as i look at him to see his reaction.

he only looked away, is he scared?

i grabbed his hand to show him the basics of what managers do, and he seemed like a natural so i let him do some of my work to see if he is capable.

── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───

The morning practice ended in a good note, and i found out that akihiro is a good listener and he is determined to learn, i have him practice with our libero and captain for the basics such as receiving.

It was quite refreshing to see my teammates teach someone, they look really adorable.

Also, regarding the fight between atsumu and osamu, miraculously, they did not have any fight today. Instead, osamu said his sorry and atsumu as well, he gave his im sorry food to his brother and it looks like they're buddy-buddies for the rest of the day, hopefully.

"so, aki, what's your class?" i asked, i put my hand in my mouth as i realized i called him 'aki' instead of akihiro.

"im sorry, i won't say it again." i apologized, but he only waved it off "it's actually nice, senpai...for you to have a nickname for me." he told me, seems like me and my friends successfully broke him out of his shell.

"Well, im glad you liked it, now, tell me what's your class? so i can have either the twin or suna or hitoshi to join you."

"n-no it's fine, m/n-san i can handle my own.." he refused to give me his class, bummer.

"Oi, second years, i know atleast one of you have aki as their classmate."

i hollered, and suna and osamu raised their hands.

"i see, you're in class 2-1. Good for you." i patted the second year's head, flustering him. didn't know i had an effect on people like that.

"suna, osamu, let aki join you from now on, since he'll be our teammate soon, you both got it?"

the two wordlessly agreed and called for aki.

"now off you go, aki, i'll see you at lunch, sit with us aight?"

aki nodded vigorously as he approached osamu and suna.

"that was awfully fatherly of you." a voice said behind me, i turned around to see kita.

"I felt bad for the boy, and i feel like he'll be a great player soon."

"whatever floats your boat, m/n. but don't forget you have to tell me what happened when you met the boy." kita reminded me i only waved it off and waited for him so we both can go our shared class.

"i'll tell you all about it at home, aight? right now, we have to study."

»»----- ♡ -----««