"Hm." Rafe had absolutely nothing to say to her at the moment. Without a single word, he turned and continued walking out, making his way to the front door of the house.

     "Rafe, hold on," he heard Jules call out, jogging after him to keep up with his long legs. He slowed down a bit for her to catch up but he kept walking.

     "Not now, Jules," he said. "We'll talk when I get back."

     They reached the foyer, sunlight spilling in from the windows and lighting up the place in an ethereal manner. Rafe only stopped for a second to snatch his keys off the side table when Juliette grabbed his arm to hold him back. Before he even knew what he was doing, Rafe spun them both around so that he had her pinned against the wall.

     Juliette's eyes were huge in surprise as Rafe trapped her with his hands on either sides of her head. He was still breathing heavily out of anger, leaning forward to say to her, "I said we'll talk when I get back, okay?"

     Instead of backing away and resigning, Jules raised her chin high and stared at him directly and unflinchingly. "No. Wherever it is you're going — take me with you."

     Rafe watched her for a second — that defiance in her eyes and the way her mouth was set to show him how serious she was at the moment. He fought the smirk that threatened to tug his lips as he pushed himself away from the wall. He started to walk away from her, only to throw a glance over his shoulder to see her still against the wall. "Well? You coming or not? I don't have all day, Jules."

     She followed after him without having to be told twice, practically a tail as she tagged along to where he'd parked his motorcycle. "Hey, Rafe?"

     He didn't stop walking, merely turning his head slightly to indicate he was listening.

     "Don't listen to a single word Waldo said, okay?" Jules said as Rafe slowed down his pace to have her come next to him. She was looking up at him with those big green eyes of hers. "All that shit he said — don't listen to that. I don't want you to go live on the cut, and I don't want you to think you're useless. You're one of the most important people in my life, and I don't ever want you to forget that. Okay?"

     Rafe had to do everything in his power to keep himself from grabbing her by the waist and kissing her senseless. His throat closed up as he felt stinging in the backs of his eyes. He tore his gaze away from Jules, offering her his hand as he mumbled, "Come on." She took his hand, fingers slipping to lock and intertwine around his as he led her to his bike.

     He only had one helmet which he placed it on her head himself, securing it as he lifted the visor for a second to watch how big it looked on her.

     Rafe didn't stop the grin on his face as he chuckled deeply, cocking his head to the side. "You're so cute."

     Juliette snapped the visor back down. "Shut up." He knew she was blushing as she swung a leg over the motorcycle and crossed her arms while waiting for him.

     She'd make a hot motorcycle chick, Rafe thought as he very swiftly passed his eyes over her before he got on the bike himself and revved the engine on. He made sure Jules held on to him before he drove off.

𓆉

Juliette didn't know what the hell she was thinking coming with Rafe to wherever this place was. The only thing running across her mind was that Rafe couldn't be alone — not right now when he needed someone by his side. She tried not to regret her decision as Rafe slowed down the motorcycle to a stop, throwing her a glance over his shoulder to make sure she was still doing okay.