Gaining Karli's trust

Start from the beginning

You close the door behind you.

"Well, I got nothin'. No one's talkin' about Donya." Bucky sits himself on the couch and groans silently.

"Yeah, it's because Karli is the only one fighting for them." You reminded.

Bucky sighs.

"And she's not wrong." You added.

"What do you mean?" Bucky turned a little hostile, raising his eyebrows.

"For five years, people have been welcomed into countries that have kept them out using barbwire. There were houses and jobs. Folks were happy to have people around to help them rebuild. It wasn't just one community coming together, it was the entire world coming together. And then, boom. Just like that, it goes right back to the way it used to be. To them, at least Karli's doin' somethin'." You explained more in depth.

"You really think her ends justify her means? Then, she's no different than him or anybody else we've fought." Bucky explained more rationally to you.

"She's different. She's not motivated by the same things." Your voice was sincere. Bucky and you lock eyes for a moment until Zemo ruins it by walking up to Bucky.

"That little girl. What'd she tell you?" Bucky asked.

"The funeral is this afternoon." Zemo answered dully.

"You know the Dora's coming for you any minute. In fact, they're probably lurking outside right now. Keep talking." Bucky's eyes were dead straight at Zemo's.

"Leaving you to turn on me once we get to Karli. I prefer to keep my leverage." Zemo scoffed.

Bucky then stood up and walked towards Zemo. Bucky grabs the glass from Zemo's hand and shatters it to the wall.

"You wanna see what someone can do with leverage?" Bucky's teeth were clenched, angrily.

"Take it easy. Don't engage him." You stood in between Zemo and Bucky, eyes focused on Bucky and his next move. "He's just gonna extort you and do that stupid head tilt thing." You glare up at Zemo. Zemo then suddenly fixes his posture.

"Let me make a call." Sam was right behind you, ready to do something if it got worse.

You motion your head for Zemo to leave.

"You want some cherry blossom tea?" Zemo mocks Bucky.

"No, you go ahead." Bucky's teeth unclench as he feels you grab his arm, squeezing it.

"Zemo." Your voice was demanding.

"Come on, we got to find Karli." Sam's voice was desperate.

After Sam got off the phone, he fills you and Bucky in.

You head out of the room and get back on the street.

Just as things couldn't get any worse, you heard an annoying ringing in your ear, having it be Walker with his sidekick with him.

"Karli Morgenthau is too dangerous for you guys to be pulling this shit." He comes from down the stairs quickly, seeming like he was upset.

"Ah!" Bucky through his hands in the air, annoyed. "How'd you find us now?"

"Come on, man. You really think three Avengers can walk around Latvia without drawing attention?" Hoskins butts into the conversation.