𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐲 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐚𝐫𝐦

presumably dead arm

'i wanna know the lyrics you think of when you're high'

"George!" said Mrs Weasley sharply, and they all jumped

"What?" George said, in an innocent tone that deceived nobody.

"What's that in your pocket?"

Damn. They'd been so close.

"Nothing!"

"Don't you lie to me!"

Mrs Weasley pointed her wand at George's pocket and said, "Accio!"

Lyra squirmed as several small, brightly coloured objects zoomed out of George's pocket; he made a grab for them but missed, and they sped right into Mrs Weasley's outstretched hand.

"We told you to destroy them!" said Mrs Weasley furiously, holding up what were unmistakably more Ton-Tongue Toffees. "We told you to get rid of the lot! Empty your pockets, go on, both of you!"

It was an unpleasant scene; the twins (with help from Katrina and Lyra) had evidently been trying to smuggle as many toffees out of the house as possible, and it was only by using her summoning Charm that Mrs Weasley managed to find them all.

"Accio! Accio! Accio!" she shouted, and toffees zoomed from all sorts of unlikely places, including the lining of George's jacket and the turn-ups of Fred's jeans.

"We spent six months developing those!" Fred shouted at his mother, as she threw the toffees away.

"Oh, a fine way to spend six months!" she shrieked. "No wonder you didn't get more O.W.L.s!"

It was a very unpleasant atmosphere as they all made their departure. Mrs Weasley was still glowering as she hugged Lyra goodbye, though not nearly as much as the twins, who had hoisted their rucksacks onto their backs and stormed out without a word to her.

Lyra chased after them as the rest of the family said their goodbyes, Katrina following after her.

It was cold, cold enough that Lyra had to shrug on her puffer jacket, and the moon was still out, casting a silver glow over the green paddocks.

"Oi! Slow down," she called out to them. "Kat and I do not have legs as long as yours!"

They did slow down, though not so much that the girls could stop jogging to catch up.

They trudged down the dim, dank lane towards the village, the silence only broken by their footsteps. The sky lightened as they made their way through the village, its inky blackness diluting to deepest blue. Lyra's hands and feet were freezing, despite the many heating Charms Mrs Weasley had placed.

"Where are we actually going?" Katrina huffed, already tired from catching up to the twins.

Fred gave her some water. "Stoatshead Hill."