'Lucky Sarah, then.'

She looked over to her twin, who was now dancing with Topper. She looked surprisingly happy and like she was having a fun time. 

'Yeah. Lucky Sarah.'

'Thank God!' Kiara called as she came over. 'I was trying so hard to find you, M! And now I've got Pope, too!'

Maelynn laughed and surveyed her friend. 'You actually look really nice, Kie. The pink is perfect with your skin.'

'Aw, thanks. I love the red on you. Very elegant.'

Pope cleared his throat behind them. Maelynn turned back to him. 'You look lovely as well, Pope.'

'That's not why, but thanks,' he replied with a smile. 'I love talking with you guys, but my dad's gonna have my ass if I'm not working, so...'

'Got it. Have fun, my friend.'

He saluted the girls as they left, drinks in hand. They talked about the gold and what John B had learned the day before. It seemed he had left out the critical detail that was her sister. Oh, well. He'd have to lie in the bed he made someday. 

'May I have this dance?' Kiara asked once they were both done their fourth glasses. Maelynn laughed and took her hand, leading her to the floor and wrapping her arms around her. They joked around and kept talking the whole time. 'Have you and JJ...you know?'

'No, not yet. We haven't even kissed yet.'

'Really?'

Maelynn nodded. 'Yeah.'

'If he sees you tonight, that may change.'

'Kie!' Maelynn laughed and smacked her arm. 'Oh my God!'

'What?' Kiara laughed back. 'You know I'm right.'

'Ugh. Maybe.'

They laughed again and kept dancing for three more songs, until Kiara's parents called her over. Maelynn waved at them before heading over to her own family. Sarah and Wheezie were dancing together in the middle of the floor. 

'Mind if I join?' she asked as she came over. Wheezie grabbed her left hand in response, leaving Sarah to grab the other as they spun in a circle. Maelynn grinned at her sisters and twirled each respectively once they were done spinning. She was double spun by them both at the same second, leaving her backwards. Oh, and also face-to-face with JJ. 

'Maelynn?' he asked. 

'JJ?' she asked at the same time. 'What are you doing here?'

He held up a slip of paper. 'I've got a note for Sarah from John B. I didn't even recognize you.'

'Oh.'

'You look...amazing.'

She grinned at him. 'You look great, too.'

'Thanks. It's not my first choice in outfit, but it's something.'

'It looks good. Very fancy.'

Wheezie peeked around her arm. 'Oh my gosh. Is this JJ?'

'Wheeze, dance with Sarah for a few minutes. We'll talk later,' Maelynn said. Wheezie made a face at her back but listened, turning to Sarah and letting go of her other sister. 'Sorry.'

'Don't worry about it. Is that your little sister?'

'Yeah. Her name is Wheezie. I told her a little about you, so she's clearly quite eager to meet you.'

He took Maelynn's hands. 'Sweet. Can I, like, actually talk to her?'

'Why don't you give Sarah the note and then we can get drinks or something.'