'Maelynn! Come down!'

'Coming!' she called back, shoving her phone in one of her pockets. That was probably the biggest selling point of the dress. She adored dresses with pockets. They were so much more convenient than carrying a bag around the whole night. 

She smiled as she went down the stairs, stopping at the bottom to fake pose for her family. Wheezie and Sarah laughed and clapped, while everyone else just smiled in amusement. Rose insisted on a picture of the sisters together. Wheezie stood in between the twins and wrapped her arms around them as their stepmom documented their outfits with a smile. Rafe was then forced to join in on the picture taking. He - albeit reluctantly - stood beside Maelynn and wrapped an arm around her shoulders for the photo. Ward smiled at how happy and lovely all of his children looked. 

'Come on,' he said after there was a sufficient amount of pictures taken. 'We don't want to be late.'

Maelynn smiled and took her twins' hand as they all went out to the car. 

'Rose looks like the teletubby sun,' Sarah whispered to her as they walked. Maelynn snorted. 'What? Even Wheezie agrees with me.'

'You guys are so mean.'

Sarah shrugged. 'Oh well.'

ミ⛧ ミ⛧ ミ⛧

The Cameron's were met with greetings and smiles from all directions as they entered the party. Though everyone on the Figure Eight had enough money to look amazing, they managed to be the best-dressing. It was just how Ward wanted it. 

Topper came over almost as soon as they were through the doors, smiling at Sarah and Ward especially. 

'You all look great,' he said politely. Maelynn rolled her eyes and searched the room for Kiara. She was nowhere to be found yet. Shit. 'Especially you, Sarah.'

'Thanks,' Sarah replied, not letting go of Maelynn's hand. 'You look nice as well.'

Topper smiled and held an arm out for her. 'Can I get you a drink?'

Sarah looked at Maelynn, who shrugged and nodded. Why not let her sister have at least a little fun tonight? 'Sure.'

As Sarah and Topper wandered away, Ward leaned over. 'Do you have an issue with that Thornton boy? I thought you were best friends.'

Being honest would mean risking her reputation in front of her father. 'He and I have just been arguing again lately. I'm sure it'll be fine in a day or two.'

He patted his daughter's arm. 'I'm glad. Promise you'll try and have fun tonight?'

'I'll try, dad,' she smiled at him. 'As long as I can drink at least a little.'

'Don't tell anyone.'

She grinned and squeezed his hand before following her sister's steps towards the drink table. Pope and Heyward were setting up food and coolers behind it, so she hung around inconspicuously until Pope saw her. 

'Is that champagne?' he asked in a whisper. She nodded and held the glass out to him. 

'Try. I hate it, but dad said I could drink.'

He took a sip and made a face. 'Why do you guys drink so much of that?'

'I have no clue. How are you? How's your face healing up?'

'Meh, you know. Might have some bruising for a little while. Nothing I can't handle. How about you? Topper still on your ass about us?'

She chuckled. 'Topper's always on my ass.'