Chapter 1

Elle's POV

"Hey, Lee, what do you want to drink?" I yelled out to my best friend as I ran down the stairs from his room. We had come straight to the Flynn's after school today and were getting ready to start cramming for a huge history test we have tomorrow. My best friend, Lee, and I always do pretty much everything together, well at least we did until a few weeks ago. A few weeks ago, the Kissing Booth happened and Lee started dating his girlfriend, Rachel, which left me third wheeling it or on my own these days. Luckily, Rachel wasn't in our history class, or else I'm sure it wouldn't be just the two of us today either. Although, I really can't complain about the Kissing Booth. After all, I had my own relationship that came out of it, but that's still a secret right now.

I heard Lee's yelled reply, "Gatorade!" as I pushed open the door to the kitchen and started to walk towards the fridge. I've always loved the Flynn's kitchen. It is huge and decorated beautifully, like the rest of their home, but has always felt homey to me. I have wonderful memories of Lee's Mom, June, trying to teach me how to cook here. Smiling as I walked in, I still had the song that had been playing in Lee's room in my head and I was half humming half singing to myself. All of a sudden, I felt a pair of hands around my waist and felt myself being spun around until my back was against the now closed door. Once I saw who it was, I swallowed my surprised yelp, instead making only a quiet squeak. I found myself face to face with a sexy, smirking Noah Flynn. Noah is Lee's older brother and although I've known him all my life, things have been much different between us lately.

"Shelly. It's about time I found you alone," Noah whispered right before he crashed his lips to mine. My arms immediately found their way around his neck as I kissed him back. Never breaking our kiss, I felt Noah reach down and put his arms around my legs right before he picked me up and moved me to sit on the kitchen counter where our normally huge height difference disappeared.

At this point, I'm no longer thinking about June Flynn or the beautiful homey kitchen I'm sitting in. I'm not really thinking about anything as Noah's lips moved from mine and start to kiss along my jawline. I forgot myself in the kiss for a second longer as he started kissing his way down my neck, his arms moving under my shirt and up my back as he pulled me closer to him. Kissing Noah Flynn was so much better than studying for some stupid history test with Lee. Crap, wait, Lee. . . Lee is home! I moved my arms from around Noah's neck to his chest, pushing him away as I exclaimed, "Noah, stop, we can't. Lee's right upstairs waiting for me to come back!" Leave it to Noah, trying to take things to the next level right there in the kitchen when his brother is right upstairs. This seemed to be happening a lot these days, things between us escalating so quickly. We couldn't seem to get enough of each other.

Noah pulled back, leaning his forehead against mine and looking straight into my eyes. "What do you mean we can't? Shelly, we're alone together for the first time in a week." Noah responded, sounding a little frustrated, but grinning as he said it.

Noah and I have been dating for a few weeks now. Well, I'm not sure you would call it dating, we don't actually go anywhere in public together. I suppose it's more that we talk on the phone and text anytime we can and try to find any chance we can to sneak off alone to see each other. We did go on one date, two weeks after the Kissing Booth. It became a huge ordeal to come up with an excuse of why I couldn't hang out with Lee and figure out how to get out of my house ready for a date without my Dad figuring out what was going on. Planning how to get there, since I couldn't have Noah pick me up and I don't have my own car yet, only added to my predicament. Noah found a restaurant pretty far away from where we lived where we didn't think we would see anyone we knew, but we were both so paranoid the whole time that it kind of ruined the mood. Noah was so sweet all night, though, which was not at all what I was expecting and totally made everything I had done to get there worth it. I'm still kind of in shock about all of this, I mean I've been crushing on Noah Flynn for years now and I never would have believed that he would be interested in me too. The only downfall is that Lee would flip out if he knew anything was going on between us.