"I did?" Cedric helplessly uttered, horrified by what he said he did.

"Well, it was the Bludger's fault you crashed, but you'd've fallen for a certain Gryffindor if it hadn't intervened," Pax said as he leaned against the headboard.

"What do you mean?"

"You were flying to the Gryffindors... sort of mesmerized like you're under a spell," Graham explained.

"How were you feeling during the match?" Heidi asked.

"I don't know..." Cedric looked down and realized someone had changed his clothes to pyjamas. He hoped it was Bert who did it and no one else... there were an awful lot of people here. Oh, who was he kidding? They probably did it hours ago when no one else was around. Wait... hours... "How long was I out?"

"Eight hours, I suppose," Maxine told him. "It's understandable."

Eight hours. That's as long as the required amount of time to sleep. Then... it was all just a dream, right? None of it happened... right?

"Harry said your eyes were rather strange and unfocused during the match," Preece said as he gestured toward the Gryffindor Seeker. "None of us noticed 'til he said it."

"I thought you were merely confused to begin with," Bert said, "which brings us to the more pressing matter." He looked him in the eye before saying, "Ced, we suspected someone Confunded you."

Cedric blinked. "What?"

"Or a variation of it," Preece pointed out. "We can't be sure."

"What is the last thing you remember?" Menti asked.

Cedric tried to think... he was rewarded with a headache more fabulous than a jeweled dagger, curved like the unbending lines of the horizon, and sharp like the stabbing numbness of his Cimmerian thoughts: dark and endless, a billowing vortex of curling gray.

But then he remembered something. "I was walking... erm... I recall hanging back because I forgot my broom. You all went ahead, right? I think I passed Warrington after I got my broom and..." there were sharp intakes of breath when he said that. "That's all I remember."

"It's Warrington!" Bert exclaimed. "I should've known."

"Well, we have to report this," Michael stated. "I mean, we can't just ignore it."

"No... no, I'm not doing that again," Cedric thought before saying, "If we tell a teacher, he'll get punished, and he'll blame me for it, giving him more reasons to bother me. It's best if we ignore it and---"

"---let him step on you?" Bert said. "No way, you need to stand up for yourself. You stood up for others, now take your prefect badge, shove it in his face, and tell him you deserve respect!"

"It's a badge he can ignore---"

"Not if you do it in front of a teacher!"

"I'm still uncomfortable with the idea."

"If you can't shove it in his face, then shove it up his a*se," Silas said. "Use a Shrinking Charm and enlarge it after shooting past his---"

"Stop," Menti said as she covered Harry's ears. "You cannot say that in front of my temporarily adopted son."

"He could learn a thing or two from me."

She gave him a look that would send anyone, even the unflappable Silas, running behind protective amulets and three-headed guard dogs.

"All right, I won't," he cautiously told her.

"Look, I appreciate you all being here and supporting me..." Cedric said as he adjusted his position and winced. "...but I'd rather keep it to myself. I mean, it's me Warrington's targeting. He knows I'd feel bad if our team loses, and if you try to step in, he might target you as well."

"Ced, if he picks on you, he picks on all of us," Bert said. "And he's not getting away with it."

"It will be my pleasure to become his undertaker," Silas declared as he cracked his knuckles. "There will be no need for coffins and pallbearers."

"Guys, we're Hufflepuffs, we're better than revenge," Cedric said.

"Anyone's better than revenge," Graham shrugged. "And no one said Hufflepuffs forgive easily."

"I'll handle Warrington tomorrow on my own. I don't want you getting involved---"

"Too late, we already are when he messed with our game," Anthony said. "Not only that, but he messed with you. I'm taking him down with my bat."

"I'll give him the bloodiest Body Blow as a merciful punishment," Preece stated.

"I'm with you on that," Michael agreed. "Body Blows need two players, so you'll need me."

"I'll knock him out with my fist!" Tammy yelled.

"And I'll kick him in the groin," Menti offered.

"Oh! I read a potion in the Restricted Section that turns you inside-out!" Heidi piped up with the smile of a little girl. "We can play with his organs while they're exposed."

"Anyone heard of the Transmogrifian Torture?" Maxine said. "It's the Cruciatus Curse and Avada Kedavra combined but it's legal. We can transfigure him slowly... grotesquely... and watch him die in agony."

"How about a mock execution?" Graham suggested. "It can give him psychological trauma without killing him."

Silas clapped his twin on the shoulder. "Try the Chinese water torture if you want to 'execute' him. It's bound to give him a psychotic break within 20 hours."

Cedric held his arms out. "All right, that's enough. None of us are meant to be killers and---"

"I beg to differ..." Silas glanced at his brother who snorted.

"Guys, Warrington isn't going to leave me alone if you fight my battle."

"Then fight, you ninny!" Menti made a move as though she's about to punch his elbow but decided not to. "You're lucky you have a head injury. But if I were you, I'd crack his skull."

"That's tough, knowing he's got a bigger skull than a brain," Pax joked and they all laughed appreciatively.

"What about you, little guy?" Menti asked as she patted Harry. "Any ideas for revenge?"

Harry's eyes widened when all of their attention went back to him. He'd been really out of place, being the only Gryffindor and third year in the room. This is definitely not how he expected things to turn out, considering this was just a hospital visit, but he really appreciated the Hufflepuffs involving him, even if he's not one of them. He slowly took a deep breath before saying, "I er... think Warrington wouldn't bother him if he stays with you... his friends. And erm... I don't know the best way to face a bully, but it's certainly not revenge. Not when he could retaliate as well. As for telling a teacher, I think Cedric should do it when he feels like it."

Cedric nodded, relieved that someone took his side, albeit in a way that involved his friends. "Thank you. It means a lot to me."