22

Chapter Twenty Two

I don't really do relationships.

Those five words still stung clearly in my mind. There's so many reasons why that just didn't make sense. I thought he had said he loved me, I thought he had said it could work. I just didn't understand. My phone buzzed me out of my thoughts. it was Coby.

Hey. Just thinking about you.

Why the hell not? I might as well respond;

Oh. How goes it then?

I miss you like crazy.

Oh.

Gotta go. Flying to Pennsylvania.

FLYING TO PENNSYVANIA?! What was he thinking? This is not okay.

I jumped out if bed and headed for the shower. I stopped and leaned on the doorframe when I noticed how fast my heart was racing. But it wasn't fear, or anxiety. It was excitement. I couldn't wait to see him. I loved him. He got on my last nerve, but I missed him like crazy. I jumped in the shower. When I got out, I curled my hair, spent some time on my makeup, and got dressed in black skinny jeans, a sheer black shirt and pump boots. I wanted to impress him. I left a note on the nightstand;

        Bam,
Went to the airport. Coby's flying in. Might be back tonight. Might not.

It wasn't cruel compared to what he had said to me last night. He admitted that he was just using me. That hurt.

I jumped in my car and headed out. I texted Coby before I pulled out;

Hey, I'm coming to meet you at the airport.

I heard my phone buzz but I didn't check it until I was parked.

I'll be waiting outside the front doors. I love you Calista.

I looked at the front of the building. My heart jumped. There he was. His perfect jet black faux hawk, denim jacket and destroyed black jeans. A cigarette in hand like always. I missed him so much. He had no luggage. This had to have been a last minute decision. My phone started ringing. It was Bam. I shut it off and got out of the car. I ran to him when I saw him smiling at me. He picked me up and spun me around.
"I missed you so much, beautiful," he said, putting me down and squeezing me.

"I missed you too. I'm so sorry about everything," I said. He shook his head.

"No, don't be. Its ok. I love you, and I always will," he said, and he kissed me. I needed this. I needed him.